Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Twist on a STW perennial – best tasting non-dairy protein powder
  • brexitrefugee
    Free Member

Yes, real food is better than protein and will be prioritised.

With that out the way, I can ask my question…has anyone found a non-dairy protein (i.e. not whey, casein) that tastes decent enough and which is seemingly helpful?

I experimented once with hemp protein and it was awful. Not tried rice or pea. Less worried about cost (don’t want stupid expensive tho) than I am taste and performance.

Got to be non dairy as I am lactose intolerant (killer headaches from blocked sinus, upset stomach and evil bathroom visits – STW seems to hate food intolerant people)…

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Holland and Barrett Soya Protein Isolate Powder is the least awful tasting (vegan) protein powder i’ve found (not all the flavours are vegan/dairy-free though)

Kryton57

Its a question of taste. I use myprotien soy isolate for recovery in “unflavoured” no problem. It just tastes like slightly diluted soy milk to me. The do other flavours.

This one is Vegan.

isitafox
    Free Member

Pointless recommendation here but don’t try beef isolate, whilst it is probably the most effective protein I’ve ever used it does have a taste of beef about it which is rank. Also doesn’t mix well at all without a blender 😥

brexitrefugee
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of soy proteins – where does the STW massive stand on the fear of men taking soy – seemingly interferes with testosterone production and so on…

I have no expertise in this area – so genuinely curious if anyone is aware of the research (good or bad).

brexitrefugee
    Free Member

Pointless recommendation here but don’t try beef isolate, whilst it is probably the most effective protein I’ve ever used it does have a taste of beef about it which is rank. Also doesn’t mix well at all without a blender

I would be worried it would be made with the crappiest bits of beef and possibly full of undesierable things…

hammyuk
    Free Member

MyProtein Beef isolate is fine. Add InstantOats and the flavour of your choice and off you go.
    Avoid the Soy and get the pea protein instead.
    Easier digested, far better environmentally, etc.
    Soy is the worst offender out there and millions are paid to hide just how bad its rapid growth has been to the world.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I thought I was lactose intolerant but turns out I’m A1 protein intolerant, similar shape to gluten which I’m definitely intolerant of. Try A2 milk ( most big stores). I can drink milk again!!!! Just need A2 cheddar now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Twist on a STW perennial – best tasting non-dairy protein powder’ is closed to new replies.