• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Twinwall flue installation costs?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m thinking about fitting a stove into a house with no chimney. It’s an upside down house with the living room on the first floor so flue would just need to go though the ceiling and roof.
    I’ve got a spare stove and most of the flue (single and twinwall, but may need another section of TW) but a few brackets/seals may be required – roughly how much could I be looking at for labour on fitting?

geoffj

My installer (in Scotland) charges £200 per day. I don’t think he makes anything on materials.
    I suppose you can add a HETAS premium to that – £250 a day?

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have just fitted a flue in a bungalow. The flue cost about £650 to buy.

Stayed away from HETAS as the labour cost was just silly. I was getting a load of other building work done at the time and just got my builders to fit it. The biggest job was sorting the roof out, I reckon the guys did a better job than a “typical” HETAS fitter as it isn’t really a technical job more “building” work.

The flue was designed to be building reg compliant.

I did have an issue with the building control officer being a knob mind…..

Stoner
    Free Member

Will you get sufficient flue height for draw?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be any different than a bungalow – so should be OK. No surrounding buildings/trees with a clear run for prevailing winds.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Will you get sufficient flue height for draw?

Mine draws perfectly. Much better than the lined chimney it replaced. I think the 1.5m of stove pipe in the room really helps.

soops
    Free Member

Minimum flue length is 4.5m. It must be 500mm above the ridge or 2.4m horizontally from the top of the flue to the roof.

winston_dog
    Free Member
    granny_ring

Minimum flue length is 4.5m. It must be 500mm above the ridge or 2.4m horizontally from the top of the flue to the roof.

Didn’t know that….If one was to fit a stove in the mancave would you still need to keep to that as from top of stove to roof would be about 1.5-2m?

br
    Free Member

First thing I’d do is check under the floor to see whether you need some additional support for the weight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Twinwall flue installation costs?’ is closed to new replies.