Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Twin Peaks
  • BoardinBob

Yeah. Given how off the wall this series has been, no network would commission another series anyway. Can’t see much point to be honest. I expect a suitably bizarre and ambivalent conclusion

chakaping
    Free Member

Amazing episode. That’s what I call delayed gratification!

All finishes next week with a double-header I believe?

I’m happy to wait another 25 years for the next series, any sooner would feel hasty.

The AV Club does the best write-up on TP that I’ve seen, if anyone’s interested…
    http://www.avclub.com/special-agent-dale-cooper-is-100-back-and-so-is-twin-p-1798483175

BoardinBob

Aye, well 😆

Really no idea what to say after that.

I enjoyed it but I have literally no clue

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Really no idea what to say after that

You’re not alone with that thought

chakaping
    Free Member

Well, that was thought-provoking at least. I didn’t enjoy the final episode, but I don’t think that was the plan.

I have so many ideas about what it all means.

Lynch kind-of giving fans the ending they wanted in ep17 and then snatching it away again and putting Coop in the same estranged position that the viewers spent most of the series in.

Was Coop rescuing Laura or torturing her in the end? Was Lynch mocking our cosy nostalgia about Twin Peaks (the town) by presenting it unvarnished?

Fun fact: The house owner at the end is apparently the owner of the Palmers’ house in real life.

BoardinBob
    chakaping
    Free Member

Good analysis there.

Was “Richard” an amalgam of the three Coops (the Good, the Bad and the Dougie), and were we invited to see his actions in the finale as amoral?

Maybe not, but it was fascinating how they’d stripped away all the artifice on the filming, sound and dialogue in the alternative reality. Perhaps it was supposed to be how Coop would appear in the real world?

oafishb
    Free Member

*spoilers here*

I believe the theory of the permanent mobius loop – the one that Phillip Jeffries puffed out (!) to coop.

He was always trying to save Laura, but always failing (leading her away from her death in the original narrative) but losing her in the woods. And then this was repeated – leading her to her house. That’s a very simplified version. The stuff with Diane in the hotel was really creepy.

What I loved about the return to her house and the ‘new’ owners was that they were the ‘Tremont’s’ and prior to that the ‘Chalfont’s’. If you remember Fire Walk With Me – cooper investigates the Deer Meadow trailer park and there is a missing trailer (where Agent Desmond disappeared). Carl rodd tells Cooper that it was owned by the ‘Chalfont’s – two lots of them’……but also the Tremont’s.

Anyway……I blimmn’ loved it. Best thing I’ve seen on TV.

chakaping
    Free Member

The old lady and her magic grandson who lived next door to Harold were also Chalfonts.

And remember the lad wearing this familiar-looking mask?

Yeah the final scene with Diane was well dark.

oafishb
    Free Member

And remember the lad wearing this familiar-looking mask?

I remember. Christ. 🙂

There’s a theory knocking around that at least one of the realities is Laura’s dream.

What troubles me a bit are all the totally loose ends. Balthazar Getty’s character, the bit where Bobby sees the weid zombie like kid in the car, the zombie like dude in the cell. What the hell was that about? I mean, I don’t mind, but…..

chakaping
    Free Member

The jail guy was the often-mentioned Billy, I think. Remember the women in the Roadhouse talking about how he went nuts and had facial injuries?

The only unresolved strand really bothering me is Sarah Palmer.

I’d have liked just a little more closure on Audrey, but I take the end of ep16 as confirming the “still in a coma from the bank explosion” theory.

Glad Lynch gave Ed and Norma their happy ending a couple of weeks ago. When I saw that I realised that they were the heart of the show in a lot of ways, and certainly the most significant and believable relationship in it.

sirromj

I never watched it when it first aired… currently roughly halfway through 2nd series.

Main observations:
    The theme music is terrible.
    The second series is better than the first.
    James is annoying.

BoardinBob

The theme music is terrible

😯

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Twin Peaks’ is closed to new replies.