Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Twin Peaks
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Anyone still watching?

I’ve been back and forth, but after this week’s episode I’m finding it hard to continue

Hohum
    Free Member

I watched episode 8 last night.

It was one of the strangest hour of television I have ever watched.

Some of it was really odd, some of it was pure horror, but it did answer some questions.

This season is heavy going in comparison to the first one.

I will continue to watch it though as I do find pure escapism, which is what I need after a day at work.

BoardinBob

Mental episode but very enjoyable. Helps if you know a lot of the back story stuff especially The Secret History Of Twin Peaks

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that was different.

I agree. Despite being so out there it actually provided more answers than any of the other episodes.

Lynch seems to be playing the long game.

CountZero

I tried watching the recent rerun of the first Twin Peaks, and I just couldn’t get back into it, for whatever reason.
    Watched the first three of this new series, and it has to be some of the most out there, weirdest shit I have ever seen!
    Not giving up on it, though, it’s become far too compelling.

bonesetter
    Free Member

It’s been said (Lynch IIRC) that ‘Fire Walk With Me’ is critical to understanding the new series

chakaping
    Free Member

understanding the new series

I’ve given up on this and I’m trying to just go with it.

jamiep
    Free Member

I was a big fan of the old series but really struggled with the new stuff from episode 3 – the doppelganger tree was the tipping point. Ive the remaining episodes backed up ready for a binge watch if I can face getting back in to the following episode

BoardinBob

Great episode this week. Really moving along now

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit of a dull episode this week, even with the long-awaited return of Audrey.

Realised after the last episode, David Lynch has made himself pretty much the main character in the new series – and that scene with the Frenchwoman in his hotel room seemed a tad indulgent.

About six episodes left now IIRC.

BoardinBob

The “dougie” thing is getting a wee bit grating. Surely he’s going to snap back to proper Cooper at somepoint?

chakaping
    Free Member

My current theory is that Coop’s return from the Black Lodge will happen as the season finale.

DezB
    Free Member

Crikey, still going! Has an actual plot materialised among the weirdness?

chakaping
    Free Member

I think so, or maybe I’ve just got accustomed to the weirdness.

CountZero

Surely he’s going to snap back to proper Cooper at somepoint?

“Damn fine pie!”

letmetalktomark

I’m hanging on in there but struggling.

As said earlier we need no more new!

I’d love a chat with Lynch though 😆

CountZero

I’m having a fantasy about a girl who can tie knots in cherry stalks with her tongue…
    And those eyebrows…

chakaping
    Free Member

Ha, I think the lightweights have long since given up on the new series.

It makes the original episodes look like Hollyoaks.

CountZero

Ha, I think the lightweights have long since given up on the new series.

It makes the original episodes look like Hollyoaks.
    You’re not wrong. As I said earlier, I watched all the original series when first broadcast, and ‘Firewalk’ as well, and when it was announced they were showing the original series again before ‘…Retur’n I was really keen to see it again.
    Just couldn’t get into it, it just didn’t gel, somehow, but I’m really enjoying ‘…Return’.

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched all the original episodes with my wife (her first time!) this year. I have seen the whole thing many times and still love it, but it wasn’t as weird as I remembered.

It was the mix of oddness and cosiness that won my heart, and the new series is far less cosy – but it’s still identifiably Twin Peaks and that’s good enough.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that was a surprisingly coherent and conventional episode. It’s all starting to come together, kind of.

Not happy about what they’ve done with Norma and Big Ed though. Not happy at all.

BoardinBob

Yeah, very good episode this week. Thought Dougie was almost going to snap out of it when he had the cherry pie

chakaping
    Free Member

I think we’re stuck with Dougie at least until the mysterious Blue Rose/Black Lodge event that Hawk said is happening in two days. Good Coop is stuck in the void.

Western Montana (where Bad Coop was in this episode) is just over the border from Twin Peaks – he’s getting closer, as we could see from Richard Horne turning up.

My wife read an excellent theory about Audrey BTW, that she’s still in a coma from the bank explosion and is dreaming her scenes.

BoardinBob

Read today that there are zero plans for another series, so it should be concluded (as much as that’s possible in Lynch-world) by the end of this series, which is a 2 hour finale.

toby1

It’s bonkers, and in my opinion terrible. My wife who is a massive fan, to the point where we are spending a small fortune visiting the Salish Lodge later this year, is not loving the new stuff as much as the old.

Interesting point about Coop still being stuck in the void (I assume that was the odd concrete house), I thought he fell out of there?

chakaping
    Free Member

I was struggling with it for a few of the early episodes, but I think it’s the best thing on telly now.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Haven’t seen s3 yet, apart from the reviews on YouTube

Really like David lynches work

But, so far, all the episodes have been very ‘white’. Being on-set must feel like the Alamo.

BoardinBob

Great this week, though the bit with the guy with the rubber glove was proper WTF 😆

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@boardinBob

That’s why I prefer to leave my bike with the lbs, even for the simplest tasks, lol!

chakaping
    Free Member

That accent though 😯

Not sure I really get Lynch’s sense of humour sometimes.

Quite a few WTF moments this week; Sarah Palmer most of all. How’s that gonna fit in?

chakaping
    Free Member

So is Judy really Major Briggs? His first name being Garland.

What was that girl screaming about at the end? The band weren’t that bad.

Will Dougie be shocked back into the Coop we know and love? Unlikely but electricity does seem to be significant in TP.

And was this week’s episode good or not? I can’t really tell any more but I’m really going to miss it when it’s all over.

BTW, the dog walker was Mark Frost.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Have never been so keen to watch an entire series of something that I truly feel the creator/director is intentionally taking the piss over.
    Its enfuriating nonsense, but at the same time particularly brave TV. Its more like season 2, which rambled with unnecessary subplots, but alas season 3 is completely lacking what made the originals so great – Agent Cooper!
    This bumbling copy cat nonsense has worn atomically thin.

Despite my criticism, the (seeming) union of Ed and Norma was brilliant to watch.
    Everything crossed that the finale is worth waiting for.

chakaping
    Free Member

At first I found the lack of Coop frustrating and wilfully perverse, but I’m now in awe of Lynch’s bravery in withholding him from us.

Not totally sold on him giving himself so much airtime, but the Monica Belluci scene was fun.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Of course, anything with Madame Belucci is pure solid gold IMO.

I’m the same, my hat is off the Lynch for doing everything his way, or nothing at all. But, I just have a suspicion he is intentionally leading us up the longest garden path..

That being said, a completely lucid Coop saving the day in the final episode would be a brilliant crescendo to sign off with.

BoardinBob

The big thing missing for me is a complete lack of anything scary.

The original terrified me albeit I was young. Bob gave me nightmares

There’s nothing like that in this series buy I am thoroughly enjoying it

chakaping
    Free Member

I know what you mean. I watched the original episodes and Fire: Walk With Me this year.

The movie in particular is really quite unsettling, as are some of the scenes with Leland and BOB in the series.

Sarah Palmer is about the scariest thing in the new one.

Edit: I think one reason the old stuff was more uncomfortable was the violence against women, so I’m not unhappy that the new ones are missing that.

oafishb
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed this whole season. I look forward to it every week and have not been disappointed. Some bits have been a little slow, but when Lynch is on, he’s really on.
    It’s like watching a puzzle – and completely different to anything on TV. You don’t know if seemingly weird irrelevant moments are in fact, important to the plot.

And Philip Jeffries is now a teapot.

Agree with you, Chapaking, Fire: Walk with Me is a really tough film to watch. I’ve tried recently, but it freaks me out and I last saw it in the late 90’s.

BoardinBob

Yes!

Very, very, very good episode.

Won’t mention spoilers but it was great. 2 episodes left

CountZero

2 episodes left

And according to Lynch, that’s it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Twin Peaks’ is closed to new replies.