Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Twin Peaks
  • BoardinBob

Who’s watching? (the new series)

Really enjoyed the 1st two episodes

Just finished the 3rd and that has to be an elaborate hoax/ pisstake. Even for Lynch, it was ridiculous. How the hell he convinced the studio is a mystery 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me, enjoying it too.

CountZero

Set up to record, will watch later.
    Oh, by the way, that chewing gum you like…

SaxonRider

I haven’t seen it yet, but was talking to a critic friend about it at length today. It sounds typically and wonderfully Lynchian to me, and I am excited to watch, although your last question, boardinbob, sounds like an appropriate one…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

One of the most memorable evenings of my teens, watching twin peaks absolutely oot my tits on magic mushrooms, in a freaky old house in west kilbride.

‘This is a Formica table, green is it’s colourrrrrrr…..’

:mrgreen:

BoardinBob

Transgender David Duchovny just appeared. This is brilliant 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

Started watching last night. After 8 straight days at work, dismantling an oven and then setting up a new NAS, brain was fried. Only lasted 30 minutes before I found it too disturbing to continue. It’s going to be frikking awesome 🙂

For reasons unknown, I thought it might transcribe a similar insanity arc as the first two series. Nope, in at the deep end 🙂 Someone asked me if you could watch it with someone who hadn’t seen any before. Can you imagine!

stever
    Free Member

Hope it comes to normal telly or Netflix before too long.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Hope it comes to normal telly or Netflix before too long.

It’s on Sky so I’m not sure that it will, though a NowTV box would probably sort out out for it.

kimbers

only on sky

Ill be torrenting then!

murdoch can kiss my ass

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Watched the first two with the wife. The talking tree with the tumour on it (or whatever it was called) pushed the boundaries of mental, even for me.

But yes, loved it, can’t wait to get the time to watch parts 3 and 4

oafishb
    Free Member

Watched 1 + 2 and thought it was fabulous. But then I have been waiting for 25+ years to see some sort of resolution.
    I watched every episode of the original broadcast on BBC2 back in ’90, ’91 and it frightened me badly as a 13 year old. But it was utterly compelling and kind of informed a lot of sensibilities i have today in an odd way.

What I like about this new season is it is just unfettered David Lynch / Mark Frost weirdness. No network interference, just the vision of two men played out in TV. Nothing is explained.
    I like that.

BoardinBob

If you thought 1 & 2 push the boundaries, wait for 3 😆

I also watched the originals back when they first came out as a 13 year old.

My parents forbid me from watching it (I get why now) so I used to sneak off to my bed early to watch it in my room. I had a black and white TV(!) but used to turn the brightness down so my folks couldn’t see the light from underneath my door. 😆

“Bob” absolutely terrified me back then 😯

scud
    Free Member

Do you think you need to have watched the original series to enjoy this new series? I remember starting watching them in my youth, but memory is terrible!

BoardinBob

Definitely

My mrs hasn’t seen the original and I’m tempted to get her to watch the new series and I’m going to look at her face and laugh at her reactions

letmetalktomark

I have no idea how to take this series.

The first two were bat shit crazy but enjoyable …… This series is bat shit crazy but also just a little bit ….. Well ….. Shit.

Oh and hell ooo oooooo

bonesetter
    Free Member

Is there any way to get it if you’re not on sky?

DezB
    Free Member

Frist series, I think I only enjoyed it because of Audrey Horn. I tried to watch the repeats a few months back and couldn’t cope with the slowness. So good luck to anyone trying to catch up on that.
    Have started watching the first 2 and enjoyed the horror bits. Not sure i’ll last now that Fargo is back. Well, it is next week anyway.

Caher

Not legally I imagine.

Northwind

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDa-_Vq51I[/video]

wilko1999
    Free Member

Drool, Sherilyn Fenn, watching it first time around as a teenager I could never understand why Dale Cooper was resisting her advances 🙂

soapy
    Free Member

I’m watching it via 7.99 a month subscription deal on NOW tv via my smart tv so no box required. You could sign up for that and then bin it once the series is finished. You can usually get a box with a 3 month pass for about £25.

I have watched all four and don’t have a clue what’s going on. Just like old times!

rossburton
    Free Member

Are the originals on anything legal in the UK to stream?

Cougar

It’s on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot/dp/B00ET0PGJW

Ten quid for the first season and fifteen for the second, mind (dunno if it’s on Prime?). You’d be better off buying the DVD.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Definitive-Slimline-Packaging/dp/B0098MDC4M/

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Is there any way to get it if you’re not on sky?”

Showbox.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Oh Audrey……my first real crush

DezB
    Free Member

Stop that. It’s rude.

DezB
    Free Member

Trying to watch series 2, but it really is just a random bunch of weird scenes isn’t it?
    If anyone can explain what is going on I might stick with it.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Trying to watch series 2, but it really is just a random bunch of weird scenes isn’t it?
    If anyone can explain what is going on I might stick with it.

Series 2 lost its way a bit, especially when someone got stuck in a door knob or something (not a joke)

smogmonster

As the self proclaimed worlds biggest Twin Peaks fan, and having lived in 25 years of anticipation, I’m thinking the new series has been pretty poor so far….some intriguing bits, but episode 3 was just abysmal, and the special FX are like something a school production might put up. Episode 4 was a bit better, but it seems so far to really not bear much relation at all to the original series. Maybe i want too much from it as i think Series 1 and the first 8 or 9 episodes of Series 2 are just the best TV ever made. Please David Lynch dont ruin it for me…..

DezB
    Free Member

Oh balls, I didn’t mean series 2, meant the latest one. Decided its cack and deleted the series link.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Oh balls, I didn’t mean series 2, meant the latest one. Decided its cack and deleted the series link.

I tried up to and including episode 3, i’m still “taping it” but I am finding it hard to want to continue. It seems the first two had a promising bit of intrigue, but it just seems to be random short stories with no real point.

Hoping it all comes together a bit because I’m now wondering if Twin Peaks was any good at all in the first place or I just got swept along in the hype.

DezB
    Free Member

Hoping it all comes together

Not sure it will… As you say lots of random short stories. It wasn’t really “cack” I suppose, some of the little featurettes were great, just one after the other after the other, with no link, was wearisome. And some of them just went on and on (the talking brain tree?!). Maybe if they were half hour programmes once a week it’d be worth catching.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just got up to date this eve.

Really enjoyed the first four, but it’s testing my patience a bit now.

We don’t need more characters. We don’t need more plotlines. We don’t need more questions.

We need answers damn you.

Nice to see Harry Dean Stanton though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Looks like paying attention to the log has payed off…

chakaping
    Free Member

I shouldn’t watch them so late, I always go to bed thinking about them.

Realised last night that Lynch and Frost are deliberately withholding the familiar Coop from us, as a means of building tension I assume.

While giving Kyle McLachlan the opportunity to have fun being Bad Coop and Dougie.

I was totally with it and embracing the weirdness up until ep4, but they might have started losing me a bit at Wally Brando.

BoardinBob

Wally Brando

Absolutely hilarious 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

It was amusing, but a bit wacky and “WTF why is George Michael from Arrested Development pretending to be an awkward Marlon Brando?”

oafishb
    Free Member

Wally Brando.

I loved that bit too. 🙂

The icepick wielding (new) dwarf was odd.

I liked the inability of Balthazaar Getty’s character to control his arm. He’s clearly been hanging out with the others above the convenience store.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Twin Peaks’ is closed to new replies.