Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Twickenham?
  • backhander
    Free Member

Anyone know anywhere to park for free near to the stadium on game day?
    Don't mind a bit of a walk.
    Thanks

london_lady
    Free Member

There are actually quite a lot of places to park for free in the surrounding areas – try by the river Thames in St Margarets – about 10-15mins walk from the stadium – check the tides first.

backhander
    Free Member

Do you mean to the east of the stadium?
    Will the thames claim my car for its own?

london_lady
    Free Member

Yup east of the stadium along the A316 and yes if it is high tide then say goodbye to your car – but there are smaller roads within this area which are river-water-free.

aP
    Free Member

It might flood. however you'd better be there early as everyone else knows about those places.
    If I was you I'd park somewhere like Osterley and get the bus, a taxi or walk down, there's very little parking close to Twickenham that is available on match days unless you're willing to pay £10 or so.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Get the train, however do the trick if coming from London to go to the opposite side of the train and go up one stop to come back down into London and guarantee a seat cosied away 😉

backhander
    Free Member

At £45 each from Bristol, we won't be catching the train. TBH, that's a better price than I thought but still not economic.

mefty
    Free Member

Round Isleworth is good because it is pretty close you can walk through the sewage works (not as bad as it sounds), if I don't cycle I normally get the train to Isleworth. Also it will be easier to get away from there.

Alternatively I have been known to use Cannons gym car park by Harlequins as I had a multi club membership of Cannons.

catfood
    Free Member

What mefty says, park the other side of the sewage works, about a 10 minute mosey.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At least England won't be playing! You might see some decent rugby! 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Twickenham?’ is closed to new replies.