• This topic has 36 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Tweflth night – who kept their Christmas decorations up this long?
  • midlifecrashes

Just about to strip the house and tree of all the decorations when the kids are back from school. Not many houses in our street seem to have lasted beyond new year. Do you give it the full twelve it deserves?

(Yes, I know some folk call 12th night the 5th Jan, it’s always been the 6th in our house, don’t know whether that’s from my Irish or English side.)

miketually
    Free Member

Ours come down on New Years Day.

kcal

Christmas packed up today, back into garage.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ours were down on the 2nd, nice when they’re up at Christmas but as soon as new year is over its nice to get them away.

hot_fiat

Tree and cards all came down last night. 😥

mintimperial

Tree comes down on New Years Eve for us, and I thank **** it’s over for another 11 months. Humbug.

midlifecrashes

Oh, and which way to the STW fat club thread? I appear to have eaten the last four mince pies in the last half hour.

sandwicheater

Kept them until Sunday. Would have come down sooner but the wee chap (22 months) absolutely loved them.

wilburt
    Free Member

Mintimperial +1

rocketman
    Free Member

Last night

And not before time I say. Bloody tinsel all over the house and sodding tree making the cat think we’d bought the outdoors indoors for it

Bah humbug

Northwind

Ours stay up til the bitter end, it’s the law

chambord
    Free Member

Just taken the tree to the tip. Goodbye Christmas… til next time

northernmatt

Sunday they came down. Wee man nearly pulled the tree down on himself trying to get tinsel off it.

miketually
    Free Member

Just taken the tree to the tip

I burned ours: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115606134148249990156/posts/1hzfD96acjQ

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gone on the 27th, a day later than planned – I’m not a huge fan of Christmas really, I can’t abide the huge amount of time devoted to it – some people are all decced out on the 1st or 2nd of Dec and don’t put them away till the 6th of Jan – 5 WEEKS that’s 10% of your life (give or take) sitting knee deep in Christmas crap.

And as for the people who seems in a semi-panic from October onwards busy **** buying gifts and food – a quarter of their life in a yule tide stressathon sod that.

I count the day till the eqinox so at least I know we’ve broken the back of the darkness and sit here happy knowing at least tomorrow we’ll see a tiny bit more light than today.

God I hate winter.

jdavidge
    Free Member

Wife insisted we take them down so we don’t get any bad luck ( 🙄 ), i would have happily left up till next weekend!

tthew

Due to the fact I’d not replace a passing thermostatic radiator valve, (for about 3 Christmases on the trot) our tree pretty much took itself down on Boxing day. 😀

I’ve bought a valve and some inhibitor now, but am forbidden to replace it as that means switching off the heating for a few hours!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ours will stay up until Mid January I reckon, I love it.

jota180
    Free Member

What decorations?

🙂

We didn’t bother as we went to the Tenerife on the 19th and didn’t get back till the 3rd

Bregante

I am OCD about few things in life, as those who know me will testify.

But having no signs of Christmas in the house come New Years Day is one of them.

I find Christmas decorations still up in January depressing.

TPTcruiser

Down tonight.
    It is my brother’s birthday, no surprise he’s called Michael!
    Always done then.

edlong
    Free Member

Twelfth night for me (like the OP, that works out as the 6th in our house).

edlong
    Free Member

And as for the people who seems in a semi-panic from October onwards busy **** buying gifts and food – a quarter of their life in a yule tide stressathon sod that.

Only 352 shopping days till Christmas…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Been away see so ours are coming down tomoz..

Soz..

richmars

Once the Queen has spoken, they’re down.

steve-g
    Free Member

Tree came down on Saturday,last of the lights to come down today. The kids stockings have been hanging up in the living room since December the 1st 2013. Missed them when packing stuff away, then was too lazy to go to the loft just for those so they hung on the back of the door handle for the year.

midlifecrashes

And there it was, gone. Happy Christmas, STW.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Today is Reyes – the day the Kings gave the gifts.
    12th day IF you believe that sort of thing…
    So IF I believed in it then today the decs would come down.
    But I’m the sort who hates all that cramp so don’t own a single one :-))

Cougar

Didn’t put any up this year due to space constraints.

The cards will have to come down today though, to make room for birthday cards tomorrow. Well, I say cards, probably ‘card’ will be more accurate.

Drac

New Year’s Day they came down here, my mother use to keep them up until the 6th as it’s my Birthday. No I’m not called Michael.

ourmaninthenorth

1st of Jan always for us. My 4yo daughter, who appears to have all of Disney’s Frozen products in the house as a result of Christmas, was quite happy to help out packing everything away.

This included me chopping up the tree and keeping the trunk to season for the fire next year.

matt_outandabout

@midlifecrashes – so YOU are the one who bought the entire encyclopedia Britannica..

paul4stones

Happy birthday drac.

Just chucked our tree in the garden.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Just taken ours down. Tree is artificial so has gone in the cupboard until next year

convert

No one has to go back to work after new years day with the decs still up in this house, that would be way too depressing.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Me. Trees coming down this Friday night.

Too busy to care, too tired to bother.

DezB
    Free Member

My single, fake, black tree was chucked in the loft on Saturday.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Tweflth night – who kept their Christmas decorations up this long?’ is closed to new replies.