Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tweedlove Visitor – local advice
  • skindog
    Free Member

I’m going to be down marshalling at the GT7 and EWS (hopefully will pick up enough tips to enter some races next year.)

I’ve got a few days spare for riding myself obviously and am looking for advice of some great rides.

I’ve ridden the Fairy Glen and Southern Upland Way before. I’ve had a tip that you can ride from the top of the GT black route over the hills to Innerleithen which I was considering doing on Sunday.

I’m also thinking of a really long trip a week today, whilst everyone is watching the EWS practice.

Cheers,

Graham

chriswilk
    Free Member

if it’s dry, really dry, there are some hig hill trails sort of SW of peebles. The hills between Manor valley and Stobo.
    Up to Drumelzier on the B712 via old railway, some track and some road.
    Up Pykestone hill and back along the ridge into Peebles.
    Make it longer by going up Dollar Law or even Broad Law first (these can be V wet).
    Or go up Manor and over to Megget Res, or over SUW to St Mary’s loch.
    Both of these can return via Dollar law path

onehundredthidiot

Gypsy Glen.

How about up inners to top. Then east along southern upland to three brethren. Selkirk via philiphaugh descent, out to bowhill, up duchess drive, down other side. Climb the minchmoor climb back to top of inners.

Strava and a map are your friend for that route, but it’s a fun day if dry, try not to break your thumb like I did.

br
    Free Member

I’ve had a tip that you can ride from the top of the GT black route over the hills to Innerleithen which I was considering doing on Sunday.

You can, but I wouldn’t as it is crap. What you can do is ride Inners and then take the golf-course road following it for a few miles before turning left for Leithen Water and then climbing to the Boundary Trail and the continuing on Black. Using the link path to get back to Inners.

Take a look at the other Tweedlove stuff, some is free.

Monday – Natural Tweed
    Tuesday evening – Selkirk locals
    Wednesday evening – Alpine bikes ride plus BBQ

Best thing would be to explore Strava along with an 1:25000 os map, loads of trails on/off the Three Brethren/Minch Moor ridge.

Northwind

There’s a few tweedlove rides on, that’d be a great start. If you want big rides tbh I’m not good at that but getting a taste of the “enduro” riding around innerleithen would be well worth it, some of the best riding I’ve found anywhere is around there.

skindog
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I’ll definitely head along to the Selkirk ride out but will miss Natural Tweed as I’m getting some skills coaching. I’m hoping my coach can point out the best enduro trails still open this week.

Onehundred, I did that route last time I was down in the Spring and really enjoyed it.

Might also try the Strava option in the evenings.

Chriswilk I might give your route a go Friday with the hard tail if it’s nice and dry all week. Currently listening to the rain on my tent right now!

br
    Free Member

Raining still?

I better put a spare front in the car for today, one with a bit more grip for the GT7. 🙂

jimmy

I’ve had a tip that you can ride from the top of the GT black route over the hills to Innerleithen which I was considering doing on Sunday.

You can, but I wouldn’t as it is crap.

+1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove Visitor – local advice’ is closed to new replies.