Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tweedlove 2014 Enduro – first enduro
  • dmorts

I’ve entered the Tweedlove 2014 King of the Hill Enduro and I’ve got a few questions. It’s my first enduro, liked the idea of the race format and wanted to give one a go. Saw this one was nearby so went for it.

Got a few questions:

-Am I under biked with a Commencal Meta 55 with 140mm Front and Rear?
    -While the downs are going to be technical and fast, I’m under the impression they’re not full on DH stages but Red/Black trail centre standard?
    -Do you aim to walk/ride the route beforehand, or just take it as it comes on race day?
    -What’s the required pace to get between stages? Spinning up hills or out the saddle climbing?

Looking forward to it and it’s something to aim for training wise….. also might need to buy some shiny new kit 🙂

bigjim

-most definitely not!
    -last year had a couple of more challenging sections than the year before, that would have most trail centre mincers writing a letter to the forestry commission were they part of a trail centre
    -I rode the two stages I didn’t know last year, the day before. They announced the route really early last year and lots of people had been practicing.
    -whatever you need to do to finish in time. If you are unfit you might need to keep an eye on your timing. keep some contigency time in case of a mechanical, or cramp, which I had terrible at the end last year.

Simon

Meta 55 will be fine
    Last year stages 1&2 were trail centre red/black, 3 was a mix of trail centre and rooty singletrack, 4&5 in Cademuir were steep, rooty, off camber, tight – not trail centre stuff!
    I rode stages 3,4&5 the day before the race as they were new to me.
    You need to keep a good pace on the transitions as there’s an overall time limit, any mechanicals or punctures could put you over.

Get as fit as you can and make sure your bike is working well before race weekend!

moonsaballoon

In exactly the same position as the OP . Bit nervous i have bitten of more than i can chew but looking forward to it ! Give it a few months and i will start a what tire for thread

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove 2014 Enduro – first enduro’ is closed to new replies.