Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tweed Valley off piste 18th/19th July
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

A couple of us are heading up from Kent for a few days and would love to do a day away from the trail centres.

We are happy to keep any info to ourselves or if anyone fancies showing us around then we would keep the route off Strava.

I have had a look at Strava but can’t see much off road in the area and we are on a very limited time frame so the let’s try this way and that way type exploring is unlikely to yield up a good ride.

Any help gratefully received, guiding can be rewarded with cake or beer or both.

Cheers.

Northwind

What sort of riding are you after? My local knowledge is actually pretty crap but I know some bits pretty well…

br
    Free Member

I have had a look at Strava but can’t see much off road in the area

Eh? 🙄

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#11/-3.12485/55.61057/blue/bike

Mbnut
    Free Member

Northwind – I had you in mind when I put the thread up. We are looking for techy xc I guess, in a strange way I enjoy tough, techy type climbs and love rolling singletrack, heading down anything from fast and swoopy to slow speed super steep stuff is great. The type of stuff you are heading to White Room for… I have been with them twice and to the area a few times.

br – Never tried the heat maps, shows some busy areas that I will have a look at but hard to distinguish road from trail and fire road from good trails but I shall investigate, thanks.

maxtorque

I’d imagine downloading the EWS route map would not be a bad place to start! 😉

Trails should have recovered a bit by then too……

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Mbnut, look here http://tweedlove.com/ Or pm me your address and i’ll try and send the ews route maps and newsletter.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

The SUW from Innerleithen taking in bits of the Selkirk Marathon route has a good combination of fast and tech terrain although some of the bits in between may be a bit dull eg short road/fireroad sections etc.

As above the Enduro trails at Inners and GT will also give you a good mix.

Gypsey Glen is fast when dry and can be done in conjuction with some fo the GT Enduro/off piste stuff.

TweedLove do local rideouts where they show folk around may not be one on the dates you are up but worth keeping an eye on the site for updates

http://tweedlove.com/events/2014-events/local-ride-outs-2014

I am not in the Strava family so don’t have anything i can send unfortunately but would be happy to show you around if i am about on 18/19th

Cheers

Mbnut
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

A good point re the enduro route, may try and squeeze that in too.

We are now being guided by a local rider for a day and I have to say I am looking forward to it immensely.

Thanks

Northwind

Good stuff… The “enduro” trails around the innerleithen trailcentre, and most of the downhill trails are mostly very saint foy… Not as fast or wide but similiar feel and surface I reckon, especially in the dry. The ews trails from the weekend over at the golf course are much more forest floor, root and rut and looseness, ace but quite different (and pretty damn hard!)

grey

I can recommend Trev at SummitDown, he really knows the trails and is not expensive, worth doing even if it’s for one day.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help…. I now have more trails to ride than time available.

Just means another trip at some point.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What were the day 1 stages 3&4, and day 2 stages exactly? I can’t find the stuff that described it.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Course map for the EWS – is this what you’re looking for?

Northwind

Don’t bother trying to recreate stage 4, it was a warren of downhill trails, I don’t think I could ride it as it was taped again (also, tbh it wasn’t the best use of the downhill trails, needlessly complicated imo)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Valley off piste 18th/19th July’ is closed to new replies.