Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tweed Valley Locals – Which Bike Shop?
  • Swello
    Free Member

I'd like to get one of my bikes fully serviced and a couple of upgrades done on my other one – but I've not lived here (Peebles) very long and so I haven't had a chance to check any of them out (apart from The Hub)….

My bikes are both Nicolai's and The Hub is a Nicolai dealer, but I always get the impression that it's mad busy in there, especially at this time of year. Any recommendations for alternatives (or should I use them)?

MussEd
    Free Member

Steve at I-cycles in Innerleithen is a cool lad and knows his onions – I'd happily recommend him…

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Swello, just a thought, we go out every mid-week for a night-ride, if you fancy it. We leave Peebles at 7.30pm ish, usually on a Tuesday.

Smee
    Free Member

Steve at I:Cycles by a country mile.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stevie at I Cycles is your man. Known him for 25 years.

druidh
    Free Member

Upgrades?

laraichean

The recently moved bspoke bikes – just along from Eastgate theatre in Peebles. Helpful and good value in my experience.

Swello
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies chaps – I'm glad no-one took the opportunity to slag any of the other places – which I'd hoped to avoid…

ivnickkate – sounds good to me – the evenings are when I'm doing most of my riding at the mo – I've been enjoying doing a bit of exploring. Where is the meet-up point usually?

Druidh – Upgrades = replacing the knackered bits that I swapped from my Big Sur to my Argon. BB and Cranks being the main culprits.

laraichean – I noticed the B-spoke place, but I've not been in and judging by the display, I assumed it was a Road-bike focussed place.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Swello, I think we may be doing the Selkirk Merida course on Tuesday night, leaving Peebles at 7pm. If you are interested, E-mail in profile. If you can't make that, we could arrange to meet up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Valley Locals – Which Bike Shop?’ is closed to new replies.