Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Avid BB7s
  • miketually
    Free Member

I’ll be fitting the BB7s I bought recently to my Inbred soon. Anything I need to look out for?

paul4stones

New products!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

What he said

miketually
    Free Member

Anything I’ll need to tweak while setting them up?

soma_rich
    Free Member

There is a great guide online. hmm googles………..

Think this is it:
    <http://www.twowheelblogs.com/avid-bb7-disc-brake-set-and-tuning&gt;

Great brakes BTW ignore the others 🙂

paul4stones

Make sure they’re not too jerky.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s Ok Paul, I’ll put on my thinking hat.

IHN

Piece of pi$$ to install, piece of pi$$ to maintain (when any maintenence is needed), excellent in use. Why use anything else, asks I.

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks Rich, those instructions are great.

IHN

I’ve just read that web page. He makes a very simple process very complicated.

paul4stones

I find hyraulic XT a bit beefier but it looks like you’ll get plenty of advice on tweaking for the best set up here.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Piece of pi$$ to install, piece of pi$$ to maintain (when any maintenence is needed), excellent in use. Why use anything else, asks I.

Even us pikeys use hydraulics!

😉

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, great brakes. Never had a problem with them. All I’ve ever done is replace the pads and adjust the caliper afterwards, Takes about 2 minutes. Certainly a damn sight easier than any caliper that requires spacing washers. i’m glad shimano copied them.

IHN

Even us pikeys use hydraulics!

Yet another reason for me to pity you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve found my 2 sets work well but nothing like as easily set up/maintenance free as others report. Prefering hydros so far.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have prepped your cable housings right? This means (at minimum) you have used a grinder, Dremel tool, file or equivalent to prep the ends of the housings so that they are perfectly flat with no burs or irregularities? If you believe that cable prep is not necessary or important, stop reading now…these instructions will not help you. This step is near and dear to me because many “professional” bike mechanics have tried to explain that this step is not needed, and they do not even have tools necessary to perform it. Why bother with disc brakes if you are not going to deal with interface issues with cable housing ends?

Sorry, I have no faith in that set-up guide after reading that exerpt.

bomberman
    Free Member

dremmel? WTF??

I used the youtube guide. Have you got nice cables? and speed dial levers?

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve some old Speed Dial levers and have new XT cables.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Avid BB7s’ is closed to new replies.