Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TV streaming sticks – Chromecast, Amazon, Now TV or Roku?
  • tron
    Free Member

I want a telly stick so that I can get ITV hub and BT sport on my TV. I’ve got an Xbox that covers most other streaming bases, but these two aren’t on it.

I’ve been and bought a Chromecast and found out that it doesn’t support ITV hub unless I play it from the laptop to the TV so it’s likely to be going back.

Which streaming stick does support both ITV hub and BT sport? Are they all much of a muchness or are some notably better?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone does itv.

I wouldn’t send it back. I have an Amazon fire and a chromecast as they do different things (and they’re all very cheap).

nealglover
    Free Member

NowTV does ITV (as well as a load of other stuff) and you can get the new box for £15.

spudly1979
    Free Member

I have a firestick, you can get bbc, itv and 4od from the app store

spudly1979
    Free Member

Don’t think bt sport works though, I had a try and it didn’t work particularly well, although you can run it on your phone and screen mirror it, that’s what I do for virgin TV

john

ITV hub is on fire TV stick now, not tried it though. They added all4 recently too, but I think it’s slightly limited – looks like none of the American stuff on e4 like big bang theory, not sure if that’s likely to change. It’s gained a Eurosport player app since I bought it too. Quite handy really seeing as our Xbox seems to be getting ropey.

edhornby

ITV is complete sh1t so you’re missing nothing

HTH 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Amazon is the more powerful device. More so with their Fire TV box, but that’s a bit more expensive (though does 4K, if/when content ever arrives). Has ITV Hub.

Not sure where you’ll get BT Sport though outside of BT’s own TV stuff and Sky.

Cougar

I’ve got an Xbox that covers most other streaming bases, but these two aren’t on it.

Wikipedia:
    “ITV Player is not currently available for either the Xbox One or Xbox 360 platforms. However, the STV Player app run by STV, who currently hold the ITV licence for Scotland, has been launched on Xbox 360. The STV Player app contains much of the content found on ITV Player and requires a Scottish postcode to be entered prior to use.”

Worth a punt perhaps?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Get the firestick, install kodi & the beast and just have everything including BT Sport in one place.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TV streaming sticks – Chromecast, Amazon, Now TV or Roku?’ is closed to new replies.