Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TV Sound – 2x10W OK?
  • bentandbroken

Time for the CRT to go. Currently use my old ‘stereo’ to beef up the tinny speakers on the TV, but its a big old beast and combined with the TV is taking up too much space so is also ‘off’

Buying a 2nd Hand TV so cannot be too fussy. Currently looking at a 5 year old Sony and the biggest negative seems to be 2x10W sound which I have seen (ref another set) described as a ‘joke’

Will it be really poor? Will I need to spend more money on boosting the sound? If so what kind of budget options are there bearing in mind it hurts to pay £180 for a TV (that’s £120 more than I have ever paid for a TV in my life)

TIA

FuzzyWuzzy

I found you get used to it pretty quickly (as long as the speakers are fairly balanced and don’t rattle at even moderate volume), when I splashed out a few years ago on a new TV it was about 6 months before I got some speakers. There is a noticeable difference though with half-decent speakers (I just use a soundbar so very far from an audiophile) so worth getting some eventually if you watch films a lot – can’t see it’s really worth it for sport/daytime TV/soaps sort of stuff.
    Not really sure what’s worth having at your budget though, best off looking for second-hand stuff and hoping it’s still working…

njee20
    Free Member

2×10? It’s all about 1×11 now!

kimbers

will be fine for general tv but if im watching a film, i just plug the tv into the amp for my stereo

hoodie
    Free Member

Just gone same route from CRT to 39 inch Panasonic…couldn’t take the thin sound so plumped for an LG 9530 soundbar with wireless sub. £189 and sounds utterly brilliantl for the money, USB wireless and Bluetooth connectivity too…recommended.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TV Sound – 2x10W OK?’ is closed to new replies.