Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TV – Help no satellite signal recieved
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

We have an old Sky set-top box which we use for FreeView. We recently have had intermittent signal and now nothing we’re getting nothing. To answer the obvious question, the dish is still on the roof and there is still a cable running to the back of set top box! If I browse the menu option, the system setup shows zero signal. Is there anything I can check before I go and try another set top box (which I don’t have) or before I have to call out a bloke in a van?
    Cheers

Drac

Check the wring on the cables to and from the box.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Thanks Drac. Been through those, but all look ok.

higthepig
    Free Member

Your dish may have moved out of alignment, have a look to see where it is pointing, comparing with neighbours dishes if that is possible, had any bad weather recently?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

went on roof this afternoon and was really solid. Weather like the rest of the uk has been a bit rough. I’ll check with other houses. Thanks

CountZero

I know this will sound like I’m taking the wee, but have you done the standard Sky procedure?
    Turn off at the wall for a minuit, then turn back on. Usually you have to take the card out first, but you’re using it in Freeview mode, so disregard that.
    Other than that I don’t know what else to suggest, other than the dish has moved, or, possibly, the LNB might have gone on the fritz. (That’s the actual receiver on the sticky-out bit).

notlocal
    Free Member

Is it snowing? We sometimes lose signal when snow builds up on the arm between the dish and receiver.

unovolo
    Free Member

Dish only needs to have moved 5/10mm in any direction to lose signal( it’s my jobs to install them)
    It could have moved but to be fair it doesn’t happen that often ,if it’s old it’s more likely that either the LNB on the end of the dish arm has failed or the box has give up.

Are you able to borrow someone’s box to connect to your system ,if you then get a signal/ working set up then it pretty much proves your box is dead,plenty of cheap replacements off eBay, may even have one myself wink,wink.

The only other thing could be damage to your cable from cuts,crimping,piercing ,water ingress ,it’s worth having a good look at that too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TV – Help no satellite signal recieved’ is closed to new replies.