Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TV Aerial question
  • ononeorange

We've just moved and the seller of the house told us she'd spent a fair bit of money putting in a new aerial "which is digital".

Our picture has been crap (all snowy like a portable TV when I was a kid), and I tried re-wiring it all, removing the freeview box and just putting aerial straight into TV. Still the same, and have done a retune on the TV. Still poor and freeview says zero signal.

I don't want to do a Rod Hull on the roof, but are we looking at having to replace the aerial (why would it suddenly stop working?), or is there a clue in it a allegedly being a "digital aerial" (never heard of such a thing myself).

jwt
    Free Member

TBH an aerial is an aerial, IF its correctly installed it should receive a signal digital or analogue, is there a link in the chain missing somewhere? maybe a flylead that connects up the system?
    Stay away from the roof, its more likely something else, is there a power supply somewhere that you've unplugged (or was removed by the seller?)

uplink
    Free Member

Have you re-tuned the Freeview box?
    With your house move you may well have moved transmitters

MrNutt
    Free Member

is there about 300 miles of cable coming off the aerial all coiled up in the loft before it disappears towards the TV?

ononeorange

Couldn't see any large coils – we've added an impressive 20m thpugh running it around the room (we moved the TV position). Thinking about it, I'll move the TV back and try without the extension in caes that's faulty – see if we can eliminate what we've changed.

Yes retuned freeview and TV.

Thanks for the thoughts!

uplink
    Free Member

My money's on your extension lead

ton

would you mend your own teeth if you needed a filling..??

ononeorange

…………..and the answer is………..

Tadaaa the extnesion lead (or the connector). Pushed the tv back and used the little bit of coaxial that was there and it's a superb picture.

Right. Now to eliminate connector or cable (or just leave TV where it is!).

Mrs Ononeorange says a million thanks to STW!

Cheers everyone. I was obsessed it was the aerial.

uplink
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

>would you mend your own teeth if you needed a filling..??

Seems he's saved a whole load of dentistry fees 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TV Aerial question’ is closed to new replies.