Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tv aerial people's….
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Have a problem with ours. We have sky, so rarely use the free view digital channels that you get down the normal aerial. Turned on the TV in the bedroom the other day and there was so signal at all. Tried re scanning and it found nothing. Forgot about it until yesterday and then tried again. It pulled a few channels in, and after the third attempt I had everything back.

Try to watch it again in the afternoon and zip, no signal again. We have a ‘antiference’ aerial booster thing that plugs into the mains. The wire from the wall socket runs to that and then from that to the TV. Is it likely to be that, or the aerial on the roof that’s buggared?

jota180
    Free Member

Impossible to tell
    What’s it like without the amp?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Not tried it. If I just go from the TV to the wall socket would that work, or does the booster thing interrupt that now?

Cougar

You could try it and tell us?

Too many variables, you need to remove things from the equation to narrow it down. What’s the booster for, is there a reason for its existence?

It it didn’t work, then it did, then it didn’t again, my money would be on the aerial being loose and moving in the wind. But that’s a pure guess.

M6TTF
    Free Member

tried tv straight to the aerial socket and nothing. Ironically, when it pulled all the channels back in was when it was snowing and shitty weather. today its glorious and nothing. Booster was put it as we were getting a weak reception due to a being on the centre of town I guess. 3 storey property, so I haven’t even got ladders on enough to get up there and have a butchers !

jota180
    Free Member

Check all coax plugs are sound, no shielding from the cable touching the inner core and they are a tight fit on the cable
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfJrneEKdZM

Take the wall plate off and check the connections in there too

Call an aerial rigger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tv aerial people's….’ is closed to new replies.