Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turning old tablet in to a Flickr photo frame
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I might be being thicker than Thicky McThick here, but is there any simple way to do this?

Have an old, redundant Motorola Xoom tablet with a desktop stand,, and would like to use it as a live photo gallery from Flickr. I had thought that Flickr had something to do it, but I’m bu99ered if I can see it!

cranberry
    Free Member

Does it *have* to be Flickr ?

If you could store the photos locally then you could power off the wifi and prolong the run time. There must be some sort of slideshow app for Android.

bonchance
    Free Member

There was a native photos screensaver option – have to change a setting to get it to kick in when docked.

Dunno about flickr..

edit IIRC there were apps for dock action (and other) customisations – might let you launch a slideshow URL?

CraigW
    Free Member

I don’t think this is possible with the official Flickr app. But there are several other Flickr apps that can do a slideshow.
    Try Glimmr or Inflikr (you might have to pay £1 or so for the pro version).

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Google Play

There’s even an app helpfully called ‘Digital Photo Frame’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cranberry, no it doesn’t have to be, but just thinking of the convenience of it. Would always be charging on the dock, and wifi isn’t an issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turning old tablet in to a Flickr photo frame’ is closed to new replies.