Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Turner Sultan
  • Coasting
    Free Member

Hey there any Sultan riders out there.What do you think of the bike.The good,the bad and and the ugly or are there better alternatives available in the catagory.Ive got a line on a new frame at a gr8 price and would like some feedback from actual owners,thanks.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

DW or TNT?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have had one for over 2 years now and really love it, works so well as an all day bike. I purchased mine to replace a DW 5 Spot and never regretted the change to bigger wheels, it feels way more efficient yet descends nearly as well as the spot. Recently swapped to a 2011 front end that is a degree slacker and allowed use of a bigger fork.

TooTall
    Free Member

Great bike – far more capable than I am, can use it all day and point it as quickly down a hill as I’m ever likely to want to travel. I’ll have it for a very long time to come.

bonesetter
    Free Member

TNT I tried for a weekend rode like a Mondeo

martinh
    Free Member

I had a DW 2009. Didn’t get on with it. I like to stand and pedal out of the saddle, it didn’t. The RP23 blew through its travel to quick and a 140mm fork put the front too high. Hopefully the ’11 changes fixed some of the issues I had with the geometry but I dont think DW and I will ever get on

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The shock problem is easy fixed with a shim or low volume aircan, the hv can the shock comes with is useless unless you are very light. Mine pedals very well out of the saddle with the mod.

handyman
    Free Member

my DW sultan is great uphill and down, pedals fine never notice any bobbing when peddalling hard, running 3×9, 120mm forks, tubeless wheels had a flux before and xce before that, the xce wore out after 6 years and the flux broke after 2 years,

Coasting
    Free Member

Thanks for the great replies.Im looking at an 2011 frame.Has anyone had a chance to compare the Sultan with a Niner RIP as this is the other frame i have in mind.

handyman
    Free Member

No but I have seen a couple on trails the tyre clearance is not good as a turner, I run kenda nevgals 2.2 and have plenty of space the nibers I have seen are pretty tight with 2.2 with not much mud room

the_lecht_rocks

coasting – you asked for alternatives – how about a Nicolai Helius AC 29er ?

I am smitten !

120mm of Horst Link controlled travel, superbly stiff and probably the best construction in the industry…..

just my 2p of course….

http://www.nicolai.net

bonesetter
    Free Member

I owned a RIP a few years back when comparing the TNT. I preferred CVA. More plush and seemed more active with longer travel. Very firm pedaling from the both of ’em

My 29’er FS choice – Spesh: it has super short CS’s (only the Lenz has shorter, but I sold my Behemoth after giving up on the terrible single pivot rear), super standover, slack HTA and pedals brilliantly

Coasting
    Free Member

That Nicolai is a seriously nice looking piece of kit.

the_lecht_rocks

coasting – forget the aesthetics and grab a demo – they are seriously impressive.

i have replaced both my Helius AM and Chumba VF2 with an AC 29er – Trail riding class act.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

ace bike, love my 2008 one, mines more a XC FS with 100mm travel front and back, the new ones are more traily style

still waiting on lotto win to fund a 2012 one, but the sizes are all wonky now

alias
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a DW for few years now, Don’t listen to TNT reviews, the DW is a much better bike. Great ride, great build quality.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Turner Sultan’ is closed to new replies.