Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • DW Turner owners – after a spare bolt
  • davosaurusrex

Couldn’t figure out why my bike was creaking earlier, turns out one of the hollow torx bolts on the upper linkage had sheared. Have emailed Turner to get a full rebuild kit as it needed one anyway but I’m off on holiday next Friday 11th. I know a few owners on here have had rebuild kits,anyone got a spare bolt (need the female half as well) that they’d be willing to sell me? Cheers!

TexWade
    Free Member

In much the same boat myself !! If more than than one rebuild kit turns up please let me know and will pay “handsomely” for the sale/intro. I have been told 7-10 days for delivery so its touch and go.

rone

Help us out. Which Turner? I have some old bolts for my czar.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Picture with an arrow for certainty. I’m fairly confident I have what you need.

davosaurusrex

2012 Sultan. Don’t have a photo to hand but it’s the connection between the upper rocker and the seatstay

davosaurusrex

Tex – I’ve only emailed Turner a couple of hours ago so no chance there. Have you tried Silverfish to see if they have any stock?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

?

davosaurusrex

That’s the one. I knew it would be you to come to my rescue SO! How many sheckles guv?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

😀

I’m emailing you now.

TexWade
    Free Member

Mine is a flux – bike shop contacted silverfish who have no stock. Glad to see you are sorted. I am after the lower linkage bolts. Bike is in bike shop so no idea what mine look like.

davosaurusrex

http://www.turnerbikes.com/bike/small-parts/turner/one-piece-dw-link-complete-rebuild-kit

If it’s just the bolts then you should be able to get some from any hardware store. True the Turner ones have long shoulders which should make them stronger but stainless Allen head bolts should get you out of jail, don’t have to be torx. Get a few spares in case you have any more breakages until the kit turns up

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If it’s the pre-mono link hex-lok linkages, then I have them too…

TexWade
    Free Member

No I am a mono link I am afraid. Thanks for looking. Need a full rebuilt kit ideally.

rone

Turner appear to have been struggling for rebuild kits recently. It took an age to get things for my Czar and had to source some bushes in desperation from Igus the manufacturer.

My bits and bobs aren’t going to match sorry.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think those tops one are called clevis bolts.

I wasn’t even aware on the mono links – I assume they are fittable on the pre-mono link versions, otherwise they wouldn’t list 2009+ ??

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yes, they are. I’ve retro fitted one, but you’ll need a full kit if you decide on one. None of the hardware is compatible except for the igus bushes.

davosaurusrex

Just to say a big thanks to Scienceofficer for the bolt, got me riding again. Clearly one of the good ones on STW, god knows most of the rest of you are a bunch of ****.

No, not YOU, obviously. Him. Yeah, that one. And his unfunny mate.

Candodavid
    Free Member

That Scienceofficer, he’s ok, likes to fall off a bit though

leegee

Anybody got a spare one piece Dw linkage for sale?

TexWade
    Free Member

I have mine on order – apparently Turner US haven’t got stock at the moment. Mine should arrive week after next. thanks to Sunset MTB they have sorted me out with a bike while I wait, so not so bad.

davosaurusrex

I ordered a kit with monolink yesterday and Greg told me it was shipping the same day. He did say he’d “put it together” though so might be bits that were lying around as I said I needed it to get the bike back together to take on holiday.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/10842/DW-Link-M8-Sex-Nut

Plenty in stock at silverfish!

I did note that the rebuild kits sold out in a few days when they last had stock. Fortunately I managed to accquire one in time

davosaurusrex

Greg sent the rebuild kit last Thursday and it turned up yesterday, I only paid £7 for postage too, win! Amazed with that to be honest. No sign of a customs bill either (yet)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Just to say a big thanks to Scienceofficer for the bolt, got me riding again. Clearly one of the good ones on STW,

Huh! You’ve clearly not met me!

Greg sent the rebuild kit last Thursday and it turned up yesterday, I only paid £7 for postage too, win! Amazed with that to be honest. No sign of a customs bill either (yet)

Awesome! Although the last time I emailed Greg I was ignored. 🙁 (refer to point 1 I guess)

davosaurusrex

Just seen this. I’ve had the same with Greg in the past,sent a follow up email bitching and subsequently got an apologetic email and he did he the full rebuild kit for a third less than RRP even though my complaint was last year. Also only paid 7 dollars (not pounds) and the postage stamp was for 13.50. Think sometimes a few emails just slip through the net, I’m sure they get plenty. Still happy they have some the best CS in the business.

kevin1911

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I’ve just picked up a Turner Burner 27.5 frame and have taken the rear of the frame off to give it a good clean. The DW-link is still attached to the frame but is nigh impossible to move by hand. Is this normal? I’d have expected it to move quite freely.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘DW Turner owners – after a spare bolt’ is closed to new replies.