Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Turner Flux – what size ?
  • ivebrokenit
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting a Flux. 5,11 in height – should it be the medium ? Also , any idea where the best price for a 2011 frame can be found ? Cheap ( a relative term) 2010 frames on wiggle but large only.

Any advice gratefully received !

nuke

Ooooo, that’s tricky as you’re right on the border of medium & large.

What are you currently riding and what’s it’s effective TT?

Any possibility of getting test rides on each size?

fwiw I’m 5’9″ on a medium. I reckon large for you.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5 10 on a medium with 110 stem, so I think large.

CRC have large silver and raw in 2009.

some 2009s had the taco joint crack, but if it does, turner will swap it for you, so it might be worth the saving. Otherwise I think the main change is a slight change to the cable routing. 2011 cable routing might go through the rear triangle as well, which means your calf won’t clip the cable if you really lean the bike beneath you.

The color coding of the rear triangle won’t matter if you get the raw, or you could spend some of the saving having it painted in your own unique color.

If near Woking in Surrey you could try mine for size next weekend.

dickie
    Free Member

Large – I’m 5’11” on a large with in line seatpost & 100mm stem, 120mm forks.

convert

I’m 5’11” (I think, 1.80m) and ride a large with 100mm stem and layback post in xc mode (and 70mm stem and riser bar with dropper post in “trail” mode). From a roadie background so I like a more stretched position than some.

I think Tuner recommend the larger frame when unsure between the two – the top tube is so low its a non issue from that perceptive.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

At 5’11 probably a large. You can play around with the cockpit length. They have massive standover. Most people think mine looks like a medium.

campfreddie
    Free Member

LARGE!!!!! … no doubt about it!

I am running a large size framed with a 90mm stem and a Thomson 410mm layback seatpost extended almost all the way.

I am 6ft with a 34″ inner leg.

The frames come up small, so you are probably into the upper end of the large size bracket.

ivebrokenit
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – large it is !

markybay
    Free Member

hi all…this is a question that i am also asking. I am 6 foot 2 with a 33″ leg. Could i get away with a large (19″) frame or do you think i am too big and would require a xl (21″) frame. I am currently riding a 19″ marin pine mountain hardtail which fits me well. I have a 410mm thomson post that has plenty of tube still left inside frame. The top tube measurement of my hardtail is more similar to that of the large sized turner.

thanks in advance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Turner Flux – what size ?’ is closed to new replies.