Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Turner Customer Service – Above and Beyond:) (hamfisted content)
  • yoshimi

I recenly bought a Turner 5 Spot frame from Shiny off here. I was really pleased with it and built it up on staurday.
    Even after just throwing it together and a quick ride up and down the road it felt perfect straight away.

Then I decided I'd just whip the bearings out, give them a quick wipe, apply new grease and re-torque them. Everything went well until I came to the last seatstay one. It was really tight and I couldn't undo it so I decided to tighten it an 1/8 of a turn just to break any threadlock……snap……the head came off the nut 😯 My heart sank as I realized what I'd just done.

Quick get the big hammer! But thaty would not shift it, I tried all sorts to press the broken bolt out of the frame but nothing worked. This is the point I should have walked away, had a think and remembered my dad's an engineer who could have just popped it out with one of his many machines at work. But no, i reached for the drill…big mistake! After what felt like an hour of drilling with my garage floor covered in swarf and sweat the bit popped through the other side. Unfortunately it went through the rocker link as well 🙁

Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!!

Yesterday, after calming down I rang Turner in the States. I spoke to a great guy called Greg. I explained that I'd bought the frame second hand and told him about the drilling episode. After he stopped laughing I asked if I could buy a new rocker plate link and new bearings etc. He said, 'don't worry we all do stuff like that, I'll get everything sent out to you today free of charge'.

BIG RESPECT TO TURNER BIKES 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, Greg is the man. Your stuff will arrive in a few days.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Amazing 🙂

D0NK

you jammy jammy b**tard.
    The death spiral of a home mechanic spanner….hammer….drill.
    pretty cool of them to sort you out.

cb

Tuner has a great rep for this kind of thing. Do you think its just them or USA service in general. I ask as Oakley have always been great with me (UK as well) and Hayes (in the States) sent me a spare part for my bleed kit foc when the UK importers couldn't give a toss.

nuke

Greg is definitely the man. Had a few queries on my Flux frame and he's always emailed me back within hours. Top service.

duntstick
    Free Member

Just think how many people will get to hear this story over t'internet etc, who are into bikes, over the next few years.

A good deed like that can create a lot of positivity towards a company.

It may cost them dollars but I believe it's money well spent.

Better than slick, flashy adverts. Other companies would do well to remember the worth of goodwill.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have seen the damage and admire your honesty I would have kept quiet and ridden it anyway….it looked OK to me

shortcut

I have agree – although I have never had any issues with mine the customer service from Turner is great and the build quality is second to none!

Vortexracing

and to think I offered to lend you my forks 😆

that's brilliant customer service. Good news as I've just bought one.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Greg will pick up most warranty and tech issues but you often get through to Dave Turner – I've spoken to him several times. Jarett who is in charge of sales will also sort out any issues pretty quick. I have a 09 frame and know it will get sorted if I have any problems. 18 months old now with two brutal Alpine trips under its belt – still faultless.

alexxx
    Free Member

I've had 4 turners and lots of emails to turner, greg is a legend. a very very helpful company 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Greg is a top bloke, sent me a new front triangle before I even paid for it
    Service like that is worth more than a flash marketing campaign,

lowey

Yep, I had an issue setting up an RP23 after ditching the Romic on my 5 spot and got advise from the man himself.

This is the reason why when my bike does eventually break, it will only be replaced by another Turner.

Same with Hope. Sure, there may be slightly better products around, but the back up you get when it goes pear shaped with worth its wait in gold IMO.

Your still a hamfisted b'stard though. I wouldn't go within 3 feet of my bike with a drill. I'd be petrified.

theflatboy
    Free Member

wow, lucky bastard!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Turner Customer Service – Above and Beyond:) (hamfisted content)’ is closed to new replies.