• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by PH1.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Turner burner. Does any one have one ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Hey. I currently have a turner 5 spot that is the Horst link version, I’m considering an upgrade to a burner 27.5, or possibly the flux.
    Just wanted to know if there are any obvious benefits to the upgrade
    Plus is the new frame any lighter

Thanks

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi slight
    I’ve had a few turners starting with a Horst link 5 spot then a couple of dw link 5 spots, now a burner 27.5.
    I think you will notice a BIG difference from the older 5 spot. Everything has moved on since the original spot in 2005 so there’s 10 years worth of design improvements and innovation. Importantly it still rides like a turner.
    My burner has got fairly chunky 2.3 tyres a reverb post , cane creek shock and 160mm pikes and came in just under 30lbs on the park tools scales in lbs.
    sure if I took of the dropper post and fitted some light tyres it would be around 27lbs so probably the weight of a decent Horst link 5 spot.
    I’m sure you would enjoy the Burner

thegerminator
    Free Member

As north country boy said, owned a couple of 5 spots and have a 2014 polished burner, the longer top
    tube on the med size and slacker angles make it a perfect fit for me at 5, 10.
    Weight wise comes in around 29lb, running 1×10, fox 34 talas xtr cranks/brakes, thomson dropper,
    reynolds carbon am wheel set and magic mary/rock razor tyre combo.
    So as with all turners not super light but does climb like a mountain goat, a really well balanced trail
    bike for techy single track that can dish it out downhill to, well i just survived 9 days in canada on it 😀

LD
    Free Member

Aye, not much to add to above. I too moved from a 2004 HL 5-spot to a med Burner. Rides similarly but a better, 650b makes a bit of difference I think. XT build (lazy I know) is about 1.5lb heavier than my old build but not noticcable when riding. Down to kit rather than frame I think. As mentioned climbs like a mountain goat and confidence inspiring on the downs. Everything a Turner should be.

PH1

Hello,

I’m thinking of selling my burner if you are interested?

It’s black in large with pushed fox 34’s and rear shock, stans rims, middleburn chainset, 1×10, reverb, etc.

Paul

tmb467
    Free Member

Hi Paul

Where are you based – Yorkshire travelling distance at all?

Edit – if OP doesn’t mind me hijacking the thread my email is in the profile

PH1

Hello tmb467,

I’m in Hampshire unfortunately so it might be a bit of a drive?

P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Turner burner. Does any one have one ?’ is closed to new replies.