Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Turner 5 spot
  • lipseal
    Free Member

What size shock does it use, after the stroke and length please and which shock best suits thanks.

pastcaring
    Free Member

dw 5spot 190×50 09 onwards, don’t know for earlier models.

rp23 works for some but not for others. personally i’d go for a coil.

Crag
    Free Member

190*50mm on my 2008 TNT too.

I’ve got a push’d Van R on mine. Worlds apart fromt the stock RP23 that came on it.

UK-FLATLANDER

Sam for HL too. pastcaring, what forks are you running?

john_walker74
    Free Member

Looks like a cane creek double barrel, but I could be wrong.

pastcaring
    Free Member

UK-FLATLANDER – Member
    Sam for HL too. pastcaring, what forks are you running?

RS revelation 150.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

What difference does it make to the ride having a coil instead of RP23, must depend on your style of riding I would say i.e. If you do more jumps n drops then you may benefit from a coil or is there a bit more to it, I have an RP23 on my 5 Spot and am finding I seem to keep adding more pressure to it.

pastcaring
    Free Member

these days my riding consist of as much single track as i can find, small jumps and drops no bigger than five foot to transition or two or three foot to flat (getting old)

my rp23 was my first air shock, on the turner it would blow through its travel far to easily. also suffered mid stroke wallow and never felt right, i tried the dcg shim mod, which helped but still wasn’t completely happy.
    a push tune or maybe a smaller air can would of probably worked but i couldn’t be arsed **** about any more. brought a second hand shock from here a couple of weeks ago.
    i’m still playing with set up but i’m very happy so far. bike feels like i have more grip at the back, no more wallow and i haven’t noticed the extra weight.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Maybe something for me to consider, feeling the urge to spend some money on the bike!

pastcaring
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Maybe something for me to consider, feeling the urge to spend some money on the bike!

a pushed van r on tft looks a good buy…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cheers for that pastcaring! Are those for sale all pushed?

I see it now in the more info section.. 😀

The pushed 2010 200×50 would that be the one to have.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Theres a lot of talk about the new Pushed Monarch RT3 on MTBR.com, may be worth a consideration, apparently the closest to a coil according to the Push guys.

pastcaring
    Free Member

The pushed 2010 200×50 would that be the one to have.

no you need a 190×50. give tft a call, they should be able to get you what you need.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Oh and it depends on your frame size too…a CCDB will not fit on a small and is quite a squeeze on a medium frame…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My frames a large so no issues there, should get a reasonable price for my RP23 to soften the blow of a new shock.

toons
    Free Member

I’ve just listed an rp23 in the classifieds.

It was removed from my 2011 DW 5 spot, brand new, the shock has been custom tuned by turner for the 5 spot.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

What have you got on it now Toons out of interest?

toons
    Free Member

Ccdb

heihei

Hows the new Spot toons??

lord
    Free Member

van r coil on mine

toons
    Free Member

Heihei class, check my new bike thread

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 spot’ is closed to new replies.