Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Turned my tyre inside out – the bead seems to have stretched?
  • tron
    Free Member

This morning I had a puncture, and I turned the tyre inside out to look for any thorns still stuck through. Turned it the right way round, and a few minutes later the tyre rolled off the rim.

I tried to refit it, and one of the beads seems to have stretched, which is a bit odd. The stretch is to the point where you can't seat the label side bead.

The tyre is a Schwable Fat Albert, with a standard wire bead. The stretched side seems to be the label side, no matter what I do in terms of turning the tire insiude out and back again either in clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. Any ideas?

The tyres were tight as hell to fit, and needed steel tyre levers to get them off this morning. Now they can be boshed on and off by hand, even on the tighter bead.

dan1980
    Free Member

Slightly different but I had a schwable jimmy "stretch" so that every time the inner tube was inflated past 10psi the tyre popped off the rim.

Very unimpressed.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

my schwables used to pop off the rims. (front and rear)

i have now thrown them away!! apparently its an issue with some of there tyres. i would go back to where you bought them from and swap them for some different ones/different brand.

epicyclo

Any chance you were a bit brutal with tyre levers?

tron
    Free Member

Possibly, which would explain why one side's more stretched, and the twisting was purely incidental… On the other hand, twisting the tyre does seem to affect the diameter a little…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Turned my tyre inside out – the bead seems to have stretched?’ is closed to new replies.