Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Turn-ups on trousers
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Went to buy some new trousers for the office recently. Well, more for me to wear in the office but you get the idea. Anyway, I guess I've not been to buy trousers in a while. Seems nothing has a turn-up on the bottom anymore. Anyone know why this is? When did they become unfashionable and when are they expected back?

sc-xc

Seems nothing has a turn-up on the bottom anymore.

I have seen them with a turn up at the end of the leg…but never on the bottom!

EDIT: THEY HAVE BEEN OUT OF FASHION FOR YEARS DADDIO

MrNutt
    Free Member

unfashionable = 1992
    return to fashion = 2015

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Seems nothing has a turn-up on the bottom anymore. Anyone know why this is? When did they become unfashionable and when are they expected back?

It's the global recession mate …… trouser manufacturers can't afford the extra cloth to make turn-ups these days.

When are they expected back? Well after the next general election when the Tories are back in power ……. and everything will be just fine again.

rj
    Free Member

About 10 years ago and no time soon.

ton

do you want your trousers with turnups in a nice beige colour.

email captain flash……………… 😉

grim168
    Free Member

I had a 25 year do at work the other month. dug out the suit but trousers were a bit tight. Went into town for a new one and wife mentioned to salesman about ny old suit having turnups. The boy laughed. I didn't know. I weas a suit every blue moon but at least this one fits

bobbyspangles

hahaha you saddo

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You rang?

My most recent suits all have turn ups, just to add a certain raffish air. All mine are made to order, so the trousers are unfinished. My tailors are pleased to be asked to put turnups on my trousers, as so few people ask for them these days.

If you wish to have chinos with turn ups, Ralph Lauren are actually rather good, and accomodate the cyclists thighs.

Karinofnine

Were turn-ups before or after Farrars? (sp. can't remember)

ton

cfh earlier

alexonabike

If, like me, you have a less-than-ample leg length, then normal trousers have to become turn-ups to fit.

I rock the trend daily (out of necessity rather than fashion, it must be said).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My most recent suits all have turn ups

I hope you get your man to vacuum clean your turn-ups every day Cap'ain.

Does he get to keep the loose change ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Now I can't tell who's taking the mick and who isn't! 😕

bananaworld
    Free Member

I've got a titchy little body and stupid long legs so perhaps all you people with surplus turnups could slice 'em off and donate them to my trouser extension project.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Pure class of STW presented here 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Turnups being sported here. Fashoinable or not i could care less. More trouser for your pound too.

petrieboy

turn-ups on suit trousers are the mark of a man who doesn't care enough to find trousers that fit – have some self respect man! 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

oooh! not on suit trousers. But jeans definetely, it worked for Elvis, that'll do for me. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hang on a second. Have I called them the wrong thing? I'm not talking about rolling your trousers up or folding over the excess on jeans that are too long. I mean the properly turned and stiched at the seams bit that I always thought was the difference between formal trousers and casual ones. Maybe an inch and a bit deep.

TooTall
    Free Member

Onza – do you tell the difference between a smart suit jacket and a casual jacket by the ability to roll the sleeves up?

'Crockett and or Tubbs' is not a good look this year/century/millennium. Turn ups are very much not a good look on trousers.

avdave2

Winter trousers shouldn't have turnups as they'll fill up with snow.

iDave
    Free Member

What trousers for turnips you say?

Travis

mmm my trousers have turn ups…

and I don't care, rather buy some more bits for my bike, than to by something that sits under a desk all day and no-one sees 😀

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

turn ups are in, i have MASSIVE turn ups on my jeans, always gets comments when i'm out!
    turn ups go on the cool wall!

nigew
    Free Member

Most of our customers consider trousers without a PTU(permanant turn up)
    are not proper trousers, especially on corduroys.
    Cheap plug 😆
    Click on my user name

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Do you make trousers for the larger gentleman Nigew , I have been looking for some cords for a while now for my golf/hunting /fishing trips and do you post to mainland Europe and I am also looking for a cheap plug for the bath

sc-xc

So – if someone referencing Top Gear thinks they are cool….avoid! 😉

DrJ

nigew – with all due respect, if your trousers look anything like the picture on your website, I'd sooner saw my own legs off than be seen in them 🙂

Travis

… fixed crowd would love them 😀

nigew
    Free Member

DrJ- Obviously you dont play golf 8)

Spanish Barry- are you still over 50" waist?
    Maybe try Mr Bricolage for a plug 😉

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Nigew just got down into a 54" but struggling for somewhere to put my balls ,need bigger pockets and a little T pouch ,will look there for my plug Leroy's totally out of them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

My most recent suits all have turn ups

I hope you get your man to vacuum clean your turn-ups every day Cap'ain.

Does he get to keep the loose change ?

Onzadog – Member
    Now I can't tell who's taking the mick and who isn't!

Brilliant!

RustySpanner

I like turn-ups:

Great fun the morning after a big night out, can usually find the odd bit of doner kebab to munch on as an emergency hangover cure whilst the bacon grills. 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Turn-ups on trousers’ is closed to new replies.