Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • turbo trainer – what tyres?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

OK so just bought a turbo but do you just use a slick mtb road tyre (and if so what size? turbo’s a TACX)or a dedicated turbo tyre

MentalMickey
    Free Member

How about pink ones to match the big girls blouse factor of those frightened to go out?

Or perhaps a nice grey tyre to match the excitement your going to experience while doing it?

😉

fastindian
    Free Member

more to do with with having osteoperosis than being frightened 😥 aint worth the risk on ice

Swalsey
    Free Member

Yes you can use a slick, but because the turbo builds up heat, there are dedicated tyres with a compound that resists the heat better. I use a continental one, they last longer (I’m told, though mine shows little wear in months of use).

Jase
    Free Member

I use the slicks that are already on my mtb and have noticed any wear on them (spesh nimbus).

fastindian
    Free Member

bump

teagirl
    Free Member

Slicks here too! Too noisy otherwise

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i popped my roadbike on the Tacx Satori, and just used the standard tyres. I done it in the conversatory andthe turbo ate the tyre. Think i had too much pressure on the tyre from the roller. Black ‘marbles’ all over the conservatory floor, walls and kitchen door. Missus wasn’t too happy….. took much cleaning.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

One of these. I use the road version and have found it very hard wearing and quiet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘turbo trainer – what tyres?’ is closed to new replies.