Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turbo Trainer Advice Please
  • rockitman

Thinking of getting a CycleOps Fluid 2 after some good recommendations on here. Some questions (please excuse if they are a bit dumb, I've never had or used a turbo trainer before):

1. I live in an apartment. Would this turbo trainer be OK noisewise?

2. I have 2 full sus bikes & am about to build up a hardtail 29er. I take it that the hardtail would be the bike to use for this. Will it be OK with 700c wheels?

3. Anything else to be aware of? Any other recommendations?

rockitman

Anyone?

will1
    Free Member

I bought one of these last week and it is fantastic. I had a turbo a few years back and it was crap but these things have come on a lot. The Cycleops Fluid 2 is both quiet and smooth so should be fine in an appartment. I use my road bike on it so your wheels will be fine. I cannot recommend it enough – I can't keep off it!! I also bought a front wheel block.

rockitman

Do you need a rubber matt for it too? Does it make a mess (oil etc) on the carpet.

Thanks Will

project
    Free Member

I also live in an appartment luckily concrete floor, and the trainer ive got,does make a noise,but turn the tv up,and you dont hear it,more of a whir like a washing machine on fast spin.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

for what its worth i have recently bought a cycleops magneto. i've never ridden a TT so can't compare to others but its pretty quiet (on wood floors). i'm definitely glad (so far) that i did'nt buy one that i had to faff about changing the resistance.

only thing i found odd was that i rode it last night for the first time with a mat and for some reason i seemed to have a lot more movement on the rear wheel. hav'nt had a chance to figure out why, but i was a very noticible difference to previuos sessions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.