Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Turbo or rollers- recommend?
  • sefton
    Free Member

I have a cyclo-ops mag+…with vittoria turbo tyre sat on folded carpet and them foam flooring interlocking kids panels. its in my loft and my wife said she can’t really hear it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite a few kickr users on here now, I am mightily tempted.

rsvktm

Kickr and trainerroad, you know it makes sense.

hora
    Free Member

Re the snapped frame- sorry that could have been coincidence or bad clamping/lack of routine re-check and retighten or twisting on/dismount with incompetent clamping.

Bought a Tacx blue T2650 pricematched at Evans for £97 and did 45mins whilst watching Dredd. I honestly don’t mind it. When its dark/chucking it down and you feel antsy its spot-on to get a spin-fix IMO.

bazzer
    Free Member

I bought the Kickr as I thought if I am going to buy a turbo I might as well buy one I will use. I have not been disappointed. With Trainer Road is verging on enjoyable. If if I do swear at it sometimes 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’m amazed that people can’t get enough watts on rollers, what kind of numbers are you putting out?

rsvktm

379 for 20 mins, 920 for 30 secs. Can do iro 400 watts on rollers but at high cadence so doesn’t work for me for any sort of intervals or even sweet spot.
    But I am chunky..

mrblobby
    Free Member

That’s a lot of watts!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I do my sweatspot and intervals between 80 to 90rpm, which is what I spin on the road, and put out between 300 and 400 at that cadence using gearing down to 53*11

105 rpm gets me to around 600 watts, its here that things get interesting on rollers.

stevious

Swedish Chef – Was ‘sweatspot’ a deliberate mistake? Either way, excellent work 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

😆
    Typo, although very appropriate!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Turbo or rollers- recommend?’ is closed to new replies.