Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tunisia
  • will
    Free Member

Going off to Tunisia tomorrow, and wondered what the money situation is like. Been informed that they don;t like you taking the currency (Dinar) in or our the country. However they will accept Euros/Sterling.

Going all inclusive, so not that bothered, but do want to spend some money when i'm out there 😆

Any other tips or experiences welcome…

iDave
    Free Member

just use a debit/credit card to pay for things or get cash from an ATM

most foreign countries have them these days you know

will
    Free Member

Yeh fair point, but don't really want to be stung on bank fees. Also if i can't take the money out the country…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are you a fan of Star Wars? If so, take a trip to the Mos Eisley set and go to the Sidi Dris (sp?) hotel, it was used as Lukes cave home.

They have three prices for everything over there.

The German price, they'll pay anything
    The tourist price
    The local price

If you go to museums and the like, staff there will be very polite and helpful, offering to take pictures and show you around, just be aware that everything and everyone there has a price. This starts at the airport with them trying to "give" you a national flower and carry your cases.

Oh, yes, they do operate a closed currency.

iDave
    Free Member

maybe buy things with it before you leave or stay in the uk then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go to El Djem. Seriously, go. Amazing place.

Kairouan (spl?) is one of the most inspiring places I have ever been to, and I urge you to go as well.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

All my mums family live in Tunisia.. Great place IMHO.. Best advice is to haggle. On everything.. But yeah, use yer debit card for as much as possible..

will
    Free Member

Sounds good 🙂 I'm looking at a trip to the Atlas Mountains and Sahara Desert, for when i'm there. think that will be amazing.

Look into the other places as well. Thanks for that 🙂

Flaperon

I'd take as little money as possible, their coins double for hubcaps. Loads of cash machines, use a debit card.

Technically you're not supposed to take money out of the country – we were searched at the airport – but I suspect the money they confiscated from us went straight into the security goon's pocket.

Bush
    Free Member

Snap Will, we're off to Tunisia tomorrow as well. Take off about 10.30pm from Stansted. Going to Port El Kantaoui.
    We're taking Sterling Trav Cheques and good ole English £s.

Where you staying ?

Bush.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tunisia’ is closed to new replies.