Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tuning for new rear shock?
  • devash
    Free Member

I remember reading on here a while back that one of the tuning companies offered a special service to tune a brand new aftermarket rear shock for your specific weight / frame for around £30. I can’t remember for the life of me who it was and I can’t seem to find anything via the search feature.

Do any of the shock tuning / services companies do this or did I imagine it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all will do for a fee – check individual provider for fee….

scruff
    Free Member

Loco Tuning.

z1ppy

as per Mike, all will be capable of doing as you ask.
    IIRC TFT tuned, tuned mine as part of the purchase price, was a while back though.

devash
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice people. 🙂

Spoke to TF Tuned this morning but the only new shocks they had in the eye to eye / stroke length I need with boost valve were £400 + so a bit over budget.

I’ll drop Loco an email.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Why not buy a cheap shock rp23 and get someone like loco or tftuned to service and tune it?
    My brother brought an rp23 from pink bike and tftuned it with a push tune and serviced it for less than a new shock.
    Only difference was it wasn’t new.
    Advantage was it wasn’t just a plain tuned OEM shock. It had push tuning upgraded parts as well as the tune. All in was £200.

devash
    Free Member

Why not buy a cheap shock rp23 and get someone like loco or tftuned to service and tune it?
    My brother brought an rp23 from pink bike and tftuned it with a push tune and serviced it for less than a new shock.
    Only difference was it wasn’t new.
    Advantage was it wasn’t just a plain tuned OEM shock. It had push tuning upgraded parts as well as the tune. All in was £200.

Funny you just posted that as I managed to find a reasonably cheap new RP23 on ebay with the right stroke length / eye to eye so looks like I will be going down this route 😀

fozzybear
    Free Member

Push tuning not cheap but Sooooooooooo worth it.
    It’s not like a cc bdair but miles better than out the bike OEM tune.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tuning for new rear shock?’ is closed to new replies.