Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tuneless Repair – patch inner sidewall ?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Tiny pinhole in sidewall wouldn’t seal – the sealant was old and all but dried up so probably not doing it’s job – I’ve taken tyre off so I could check there wasn’t a fragment of thorn left inside tyre wall – I’ve got a one shot of Stans – if I attempt to patch from inside a patch might prevent sealant penetrating the hole but on the other hand it may make it more airtight – yay or nay pertaining to patching?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Fresh sealant suite fix this. But if you don’t want to risk it with the tyre off you are best off fully cleaning the hole and surrounding area and putting a plug through it with plenty of vulcanising solution on both sides. Then trim off the excess once it’s all cured.

If it is a tiny hole you’ll probably need to open it out a bit to get the plug through.

mildbore

I regularly repair small holes in tubeless tyres using a puncture repair patch on the inside, never had a problem. Clean it, rough up, glue, patch, job done

wwaswas

Tuneless Repair

What every flat needs.

igmc.

lornholio
    Free Member

I’ve patched a sidewall hole successfully in the past, and also plugged one once which worked for the rest of the life of the tyre. Also just glued one recently, so far so good.

nedrapier

got 3 tyres with tube patches on the inner sidewall over holes that sealant wouldn’t fill. All back to tubeless, all holding air and working fine.

DezB
    Free Member

These –
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/weldtite-tubeless-cycle-inside-repair-kit/rp-prod32383

Tuneless Repair

What every flat needs

😆 just noticed that

ebennett

Have just done that exact thing, staying up so far :-). More worried about the patch on the hole in the centre of the tread!

nedrapier

Dez, that looks startlingly like a puncture repair kit!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tuneless Repair – patch inner sidewall ?’ is closed to new replies.