Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tumbledryertrackworld
  • superleggero
    Free Member

Somewhat off topic I know, but given the breadth of expertise on STW I wonder if anyone knows about tumble dryers.

Vented Bosch tumble dryer in unheated garage keeps terminating the drying programme soon after starting. Before I go to the expense of calling someone out I have been told (by someone who knows marginally more than I do) that the issue could be due to the intake air temperature being too cold, so there is nothing an engineer can do. It’s about 4C here at the moment. I’ve checked filter and vent hose for blockages and it’s all clear btw.

Anyome know if this low temp issue is a genuine thing?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Do not install the tumble dryer in a room where there is a risk of
    frost occurring. At temperatures around freezing point the tumble
    dryer may not be able to operate properly. The ambient room
    temperature should be between +2°C and +35°C.

Extract from a Miele vented tumble dryer manual after a quick google….so seems plausible.

jerseychaz

Theres a Bush one sold by Argos that does the same thing. We’ve got a Beko one in the shed thats fine at -5

stumpy01

superleggero – Member

Vented Bosch tumble dryer in unheated garage keeps terminating the drying programme soon after starting.

When you say ‘the drying programme’ – is it one of those preset programmes that runs until the clothes are ‘dry’ by measuring the humidity?

I was told when we bought our tumble drier that the ‘auto’ programmes can get confused in particularly cold weather and we should get one with automatic programmes and a timer option as well. We generally use the timer option when the weather isn’t ‘normal’ as the auto programmes often don’t work.

footflaps

Cold air holds less moisture, so maybe the humidistat is getting confused and thinks the washing is dry?

superleggero
    Free Member

Thanks everyone that’s really helpful. I understand it’s a sensor dryer which monitors the humidity of the clothing. Looks like the low temp issue is a real thing.

I may try to troubleshoot further to confirm, by heating up the ambient air temperature to see if it makes a difference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tumbledryertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.