Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tumble dryer – condensing or vented? + recommendations.
  • sam_underhill

Looks like current condenser model is busted. We’ve got a vent to use if needed, but what is more efficient? Seems like most models are condensers, is that just because most people don’t have an accessable vent?

tron
    Free Member

Vented. Dry quicker, use less electricity, don’t make your house humid.

Only go for condenser if there’s no possibility of fitting a vent – ie, renting or in a flat.

Lionheart
    Free Member

As Tron said, try for vented if you can

sam_underhill

Vented it is then. Cheers.
    I’ll take the old one apart first to see if there’s anything obvious, but it’s 12yrs old and was a cheapy so not worth fixing.

loddrik
    Free Member

Condensing here, dries great, so much more convenient.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 vented

Just the extra work of putting a vent in your house, but it’s not expensive, just some flexy pipe and a external vent.

sam_underhill

I put a vent in last week to appease building regs in lieu of having mechanical ventilation in my new utility room (which he was kind of happy with). I wasn’t actually intending to use it and planned to just use my old condensing model.

At least I’ll be getting use out of my new vent!

stumpy01

We just got a Zanussi one from John Lewis for about £200 and it seems great so far – it’s a venting one & does sensor drying & timer drying.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tumble dryer – condensing or vented? + recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.