Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Tumble And Fall Lights…How much? Any good?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Does anyone happen to own, or know of, Tumble And Fall front lights? I’ve seen adverts for the rather smart looking 1200 lumen “Pro 1200l” but I can’t find a price anywhere on the web. They also seem to do a 900 lumen version. If anyone has one or has seen them stocked in their LBS can you let me know how good/how much they are? Cheers.

monogramman
    Free Member

It’s a magic shine re-branded. I have one of the 900lm, works OK

harroldmtbclub
    Free Member

I have the new pro1200 kit and find it really excellent, good battery time and super bright beam. Well pleased. Got mine from mtbgear.co.uk ad doing deal with free back light too.

Northwind

Wow, people pay that much for a DX light?

djbombscare
    Free Member

If ist helpful there is a video review of the 900L and 1200L lights up on that there youtube here:

Tumble and Fall Review

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just an expensive resellor of magicshine are they not?

djbombscare
    Free Member

No they are not, I’ve asked them. They’ve been making lights for over 4 years in there own right. I’m going to assume that all the trash talked probably started, and is being spread by people who sell or have brought
    £250+ lights, and now along comes along a better light at £100+ cheaper…

Its always easier to try and bring someone/something better down than it is is to admit your own failure isn’t it.

I’m so impressed with the single 1200 I’ve got, that I’ve sold my exposure joystick and maxxd units on ebay. Excellent light, excellent battery life 3.5 hrs on max power, and an excellent price and proper UK water proof as well 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice that you uploaded that review and yes they are rebranded magicshines or very similar. there are a whole variety of these floating around

this is the only thread yo have contributed to.

Spammer

Northwind

djbombscare – Member

I’m going to assume that all the trash talked probably started, and is being spread by people who sell or have brought
    £250+ lights, and now along comes along a better light at £100+ cheaper…

It seems to be the same company that used to trade as Lumilite, who also sold rebranded far eastern cheapo lights for huge markups.

snakebite
    Free Member

My LBS are doing them for £140 with all of the mounts, helmet/bar etc, 1200 lumens and 12 months shop warranty-i.e. you get them replaced at the shop…..if they go wrong. Light off em is pretty impressive.

djbombscare
    Free Member

TandemJeremy Nice that you uploaded that review and yes they are rebranded magicshines or very similar. there are a whole variety of these floating around

this is the only thread yo have contributed to.

Spammer

You need to look up spammer in the dictionary mate as well as get your facts straight. but hey ho thats the tinternet full of people who like to let the world know how they are always right.
    Firstly they’re not magicshine units they are totally different and you can see that just by using google.
    Secondly on doing the research for my video this thread comes up and the thread starter asks a question, in order to help the poster find an answer to his question, I posted a link which shows the units in action so that poster and anyone else can make they’re own mind up. If they buy them or a different unit makes no difference to my world whatsoever, Just trying to let people make an informed decision based of facts not heresay. And yeah this was the only thread I’d posted on, cos I’d rather post helpful relevant information than wander around a forum, willy waving spouting bs.

So what relevance or factual evidence does your post provide or in fact the post you put on my video. Its garbage mate, speculation, rubbish and is of no help to anyone whatsoever…and .

Oh and why do I care. I work for a data encryption company, we produce the best product out there, seriously we do. We are a UK company, but without a multi million pound advertising budget, we have to work extremely hard to get every single contract we can on merit and how good our product performs. All whilst we get a barrage of abuse and slated by the other companies who’s product just can’t compete on performance, so they try to win by slating ours. They even put their product in for free in order to stop us winning a deal, and the customer ends up with the wrong product and getting hit with service contracts. Thats why I care I hate all the crap. Times are hard, and the corporate rather then compete fairly, target the little guy who makes a better product and slate it by creating doubts about it.

I make videos and do reviews off my own back. I even spend my own money on purchasing the products as most companies/distributors won’t give me any products to test. Some do and 99 time out of 10 its the little guy who will. People like Simon at Green oil, my local Bike shop Southfork, and now the good people at Tumble and Fall. More often then not though its 100’s of emails and all for nothing. And why do I do it. Wells it not for glory not for money, my website costs me money, and I’ve tried to sell advertising and affiliate ads and all for nothing. I do it cos I want to get the proper information out, I want to tell it how I find and not what an advertiser wants you to say. Do you want to hear how great my Scott Genius LT looks, or do you want the truth which is, that the first three months of ownerships it’s been in the shop waiting for madison to take 3 attempts to “fix” the suspension unit, rather then replace it under warranty.

I don’t do it for thanks, which is ok as I’m not after it, nor am I after any sympathy. Like I said I’m not glory hunting and won’t spread my website all over forums. I’ll leave it for people to discover if they ever do. and I certainly don’t do it for any money. But yet I still do it, and try to do what I can, whilst opening myself up to be insulted by trolls.

So thank you for your warm welcome to these forums, I’ll will keep posting when I have something relevant and factual to post or when I can be helpful rather than repeat something that is a factual as being written on a bog door.

So hope that answers your accusations and please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

user-removed
    Free Member

W.T.F. Utter nonsense.

djbombscare
    Free Member

Thats what I thought as well. Dingabell asked a question, and I thought I could help.

smell_it
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

philfive
    Free Member

They don’t make there own, there head office is in hale bank and it’s a tiny little thing, but a magic shine with a warranty is a good idea.

Gnnr

Kaese esc rant!
    Do you sell bearings?

iain1775
    Free Member

This thread has more chopped pork shoulder, ham, salt, water, modified potato starch, and sodium nitrite than the average Monty Python musical!
    T&F lights are magic shine rebranded and sold with a warranty and UK plug, theyre not their own lights there is no internal modifications, they resell all sorts of far east stuff not just lights, lots of tools as well
    Thats no bad thing they are decent lights, excellent for the money still, weather you think they are cheap depends how much value yOu put on a warranty and being able to get them in time or this winter, or next
    You. An get same light cheaper though
    (btw I don’t have expensive lights I have a similar priced equally rebranded magic shine just from someone other than T&F)

djbombscare
    Free Member

Show me the factual evidence that they are magicshine lights cos the only thing similar is the bevel on one of them, and the only other place it came up in my research was on this forum.

And yeah their head office is in Hale bank but it doesn’t mean they make them there. Scott Cannondale etc all have factories or outsource production to the far east so whats the difference.

Look I understand it could be another emporers new clothes type of thing to you guys, but its wrong to put something that you havent tried or know nothing about down, when you dont really know but think it is, and theres enough disinformation on the internet as it is. I’ve tried them and I know theyre not like magicshines which I’ve also tried and might I add were also better than some of the more expensive units I’ve had.

So give me some factual evidence and I might stand corrected. Calling me a spammer and repeating the statement doesn’t offer up anything factual

jules.b
    Free Member

Blimey!

STATO
    Free Member

Similarities;
    Size
    General shape
    Bezel
    Reflector (orange peel type)
    Mount
    Cable exit from head
    Lumen range (around 900-1000 quoted)

Disimilar;
    Magicshine has machined cooling fins.
    Tumble has a red stripe.
    Magicshine has 5 settings
    Tumble has 3 settings

So it most likely Tumble-fall get their lights from the same factory as magic shine, but with some custom tweaks such as the casing and possibly a different set-up on the driver or different driver. T&F manage to not tell you what the battery size is so we cant comment on that without pics or info. But i think generally, they are near as damit a magicshine, until T&F can be bothered to update their website with detailed specs.

aracer
    Free Member

So it most likely Tumble-fall get their lights from the same factory as magic shine, but with some custom tweaks such as the casing and possibly a different set-up on the driver or different driver.

Not necessarily – there are lots of factories in Taiwan/China. They certainly have similarities, but there are only so many ways to skin a cat – I’d expect a different “clone” LED lamp made by a totally different Chinese company to look broadly similar. Almost certainly imported from the Far East though – you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise. As mentioned above, it depends what value you put on the warranty offered (given reported issues with Magicshine, there’s certainly some added value).

sangobegger
    Free Member

Year and a half into a science degree, and I am now beginning to understand the peer review process. I love the especially love the foot stamping and “its true, its true” bit. Adds real credibility gents. On a lighter note I havn’t seen such an entertaining thread for a while.

iain1775
    Free Member

I was speaking with the nrg / T&F guys at the cycle show for about 30 mins
    Quite open that they are imported and branded, same innards reflectors, leds, batteries etc as magic shine lights
    Also quite open about the rest of the stuff they import and rebrand, some of the tools looked pretty good actually
    Don’t see your problem with it, that’s how industry works, alot of bike frames from a load of manufacturers originate in the same factory, the radio in my car is made in the same place as those in alot of other cars they are just then branded differently
    You suggesting they are like the UK’s next Hope manufacturing everything themselves just makes you sound silly frankly
    no one has suggested they are poorer quality because they are magic shine rebranded they are good lights alot of people here have them in various incarnations either direct from magic shine or a reseller, mine came from spokeshirts but it’s the same light, came with warranty and uk plug, I’m happy to pay a bit more for that piece of mind

aracer
    Free Member

djbombscare – pwned (with bombers)

(since you’re new, I should point out that is a term of affection round here 😉 )

Northwind

I’ll just go ahead and say it- you’d have to be an absolute cretin to buy one of these instead of getting a Magicshine MJ-872 for less, from a UK retailer.

Buuut, it’s true it’s not exactly the same as the Magicshine equivalent. It’s the same light but with a different casing, but not identical. People use the term “magicshine” too loosely on here, not all quality far eastern lights are MS.

smell_it
    Free Member

Devoid of sense of humour – check.
    Seemingly lacking in knowledge – check
    Overly self important – check.
    Willingness to argue the toss with internet strangers – check.

I think djbombscare should fit right in here, it’ll not be long before he is riding a single speed 29er in some oh so funny novelty biking socks, and rushing home to have a drink from his stupidly expensive coffee maker. Welcome.

pitduck
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Tumble And Fall Lights…How much? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.