Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubless Sealant… Liquid Latex?
  • Conor
    Free Member

How effective is liquid latex as a tubeless sealant compared to Stans etc? I have three sets of tubeless tyres and Looking for a cheaper alternative to the branded stuff.

Do you have to dilute the mould making stuff, the 60% solids?

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubber-Liquid-Latex-1-Litre-for-Mould-Mold-FX_W0QQitemZ390097703799QQ

Cheers.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just buy Stans, why scrimp on the essentials?

Post closed

uplink
    Free Member

1 part Latex
    1 part Slime
    1 part cheap antifreeze
    2 parts water

Personally – I can't be bothered, latex on it's own will dry out too quickly

gee
    Free Member

Just buy Stans – it doesn't dry out unlike the JRA stuff which leaves goop all over your tyres.

GB

CountZero

Uplink's repicy is pretty much what I've used for the last six years with consistently good results. All of the components I bought back then I'm still using, except for the Slime, which is on it's second bottle. I use a tablespoon of each component, with a 1/4 cup of water. That recipe came from here six years ago, and I've stuck with it.

spooky_b329

If you use CO2 cartridges to inflate your tyres with Stans, once the bead is popped on, deflate and reinflate using a pump as the CO2 can cause the Stans to dry out and ball up after time.

totoro
    Free Member

Is it the CO2 (acid) or the cold from the initial inflation/expansion that's the problem? Better to inflate empty with some soap on the bead and add the latex through the valve when it's seated?

Smee
    Free Member

CO2 acid – are you sure? I'm a few beers in, but i can see a flaw in that science. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubless Sealant… Liquid Latex?’ is closed to new replies.