Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubes and tubeless simultaneously?
  • Steve77
    Free Member

What’s going on here? Any ideas?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/devinci-wilson-carbon-steve-smith-interbike-2012.html

“Devinci was being tight lipped on the subject, but the giveaway was the two valve stems per wheel, directly across from one another, that lead us to believe that Smith is employing some sort of tube-in-a-tubeless system that limits that chance of a ruined run if he starts to lose air”

scruff
    Free Member

Guess the tube gets pumped up then the tubeless side gets pumped up squishing the tube a bit. If the tubeless gets deflated the tube will still be there.

lister11
    Free Member

And vice versa……when you snake bite the tyre remains inflated 2nd to the tubless sealing and air within the tyre, but not the tube, already.

Klunk
    Free Member

I had a tube deflate inside my tubeless rims and tyre. You don’t need any extra air in the “tubless” side as the tube air is sufficient. It slowly deflated around the valve though I’m sure with a decent amount of jizz (or a screw style fitting) in it would have stayed up.

warpcow
    Free Member

No idea what the 2 valves thing is. Rob Warner mentioned Gee Atherton doing tubes in UST at Hafjell on Saturday. Seemed like Klunk says: as the tube deflates, the tyre inflates and you’ve got yourself a 2nd-chance.

akak
    Free Member

I had the idea myself to run a flat tube inside a tubeless tyre, if you get a puncture that doesn’t seal then inflate the tube?

ssboggy

I had the idea myself to run a flat tube inside a tubeless tyre, if you get a puncture that doesn’t seal then inflate the tube?

and then all the thorns through the tyre that got sealed with the jizz and you didn’t realise were there puncture the tube 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

The Gt team pre Athertons have been running it for a couple of seasons.Its a mavic idea iirc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubes and tubeless simultaneously?’ is closed to new replies.