Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tubeless xc/trail tyres with decent sidewalls – do they exist?
  • kevin1911

Apologies – another tyre thread.

Anyone able to recommend any tubeless tyres suitable for average xc/trail centres that have sidewalls made of something more substantial than tracing paper?

Something narrower than a 2.35 High Roller, but wider than a Fire XC Pro?

Anyone know what the Conti Rubber Queen 2.2 UST and Bonty XR4 Team Issue are like in terms of sidewall toughness?

Many thanks

njee20
    Free Member

Schwalbe Double Defence?

GW
    Free Member

tried looking at spesh tyres?

scruff
    Free Member

My Bonty XR2s team issue have been good so far, same sidewall as XR4, I like pies btw but my local trails dont have pointy rocks.

kevin1911

I quite like the look and blurb around the Spesh Eskar Control Armadillo, but they're very pricey – £40 each is as good as I can find. Any others I should be considering?

Scruff, I too like pies (well, cakes and beer) and my local trails are quite rocky 🙂

kevin1911

Njee, the Nobby nic double defence looks like a good shout – but £72 a pair seems steep. Anyone care to share their real-world experience of them?

RealMan
    Free Member

2.2 ust rubber queens been on since last summer. been to wales several times, the Alps, lots of riding and training, and even a bit of racing. No damage, hardly even any wear. Will let you know how they are after their second trip to Alps in a few weeks 😉

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother with spesh captain 2bliss! sidewalls seem to be made by RIZLA!

njee20
    Free Member

Buy Schwalbe tyres from Germany, they'll be cheaper.

€35 each, and that was the first place I looked, probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

kevin1911

Hmmm – just found a pair of 2.2 Rubber Queen USTs for £51 delivered. Think I may take the plunge for that…

mda

Where from?

RealMan
    Free Member

Where from?

+1

Link please.

kevin1911

Sorry lads – just seen your posts – Ribble are doing them for something like £27 odds each, but you can then use the TRIP7 code to get another 7% off, and you get free shipping for orders over £50. I'll still up a PSA in a moment for others to see.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Rubber Queen ust sidewalls are very tough. Spesh Eskar Control sidewalls aren't quite so thick, but still plenty tough

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Conti MK Protections 2.2s are tough – but I hate them. Barely worn pair in the garage if anyone wants them for £15…!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless xc/trail tyres with decent sidewalls – do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.