Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tubeless tyre pain!
  • sherry
    Free Member

I’m running tubeless tyres and have been good so far. Well until I got a flat and went to fit a tube to it. There was just no way I could get the tyre back on with the tube. Two snapped tyre levers (pedros) later and I walked. Tried again in the house and just could not get it to fit. Running ZTR Crest rims and racing Ralph’s. Anyone else had this problem?

maurizio
    Free Member

Other than checking your rim for large amounts of gunk build up the trick is normally in the ‘dip’ . To help seat tubeless/ust tyres better the profile for stans includes a dip in the middle and a raised outer section to snap the tyre into place when air is pumped – the trick is once you’ve fitted 3/4 of your tyre go round and push the fitted section into the centre of the rim- should work a treat 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

I don’t have a fix as such but my rule of thumb is not to use a tyre tubeless that I couldn’t get a tube in trailside. So I would say give up and get a different tyre.

I found ’13 model TLR 29er Rocket Rons too tight on my Crests, but the Nics were fine, as were all the pre-2013 Schwalbe tyres I tried.

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the input. I can fit the tyre no probs when tubeless just when the tube is in its near impossible. With a good bit of effort I got it in. What a major pain the plumbs though!

Northwind

You do get better at it! Really just a knack (also, don’t pre-inflate the tube much or it’ll push the tyre out of the well)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre pain!’ is closed to new replies.