Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubeless tyre losing air through the sidewall – advice appreciated
  • mtbfix

Trying to run a Bonty MudX on an XT wheel with Geax tubeless goop. The tyre goes down after about an hour and, having applied some washing up liquid, there is air seeping out all over the sidewalls. As the sealant does not seem to be helping here does anyone know how else I might get the tyre to stay inflated? Putting a tube back in will be the last resort.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Have you rocked the tyre to slop the sealant up on the tyre sidewalls? My bonty Mud X’s were fine after that.

GSuperstar
    Free Member
    scaredypants

tubeless ready mud-x ?

weird – I’ve had no problems with two

geax jizz is quite thick, maybe you could take the tyre off & “paste” it onto the inside of the sidewalls before fitting ?

Whyte1
    Free Member

Have you given the wheel a good shake if not have a look on the STAN’S NOTUBES site at the how to video .

mtbfix

Literally 3 hours old

Valid point. I searched the wrong words. Will try riding it as all the other suggestions have already been tried and failed. Taking a good pump.

3rock
    Free Member

I’ve done a few Bontrager ACX’s and Mud X’s. The Mud X’s were harder and I needed to use Stans, rather than Bobty sealant, whereas the ACx’s went up more easily. Some Mudx’s sem more porous than others, I gave up on 1 after wasting too much sealant but the next 2 were fine. Again, riding around seems helpful, and maybe change sealant to Stans or Joe’s.

Whyte1
    Free Member

i had similar trouble with a pair of Mountain King Protection a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a waxy coating on the inside of the tyre , once cleaned with thinners they were perfect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre losing air through the sidewall – advice appreciated’ is closed to new replies.