Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless tyre advice – orange alpine
  • abdoujaparov
    Free Member

Looking at putting some fresh tyres on my 2013 alpine 160 (26″), and changing to tubeless at the same time.

Was looking to put the standard high roller & minion combo on, but they don’t seem to do tubeless models but I am reading that people are running these as tubeless ok.

Any advice on tyre choice or if these can be run tubeless from your experience?
    Bike is mostly used for natural and trail riding, fair bit in Wales and potentially a Alps trip on the cards at some point (although I don’t mind buying another set of dual ply for that if it will make things easier over here!)

jonk

Alpine owner here running Arch EX rims on High roller and minion F both tubeless but non tubeless tyres – go up and stay up no issues.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I bought some tubeless As per your combo recently…..they’re a lot heavier than standard but I wanted the tougher side walls for my riding and occasional Antur uplifts that eat Schwalbes offerings!

colournoise

Schwalbe (Hans Dampf & Rock Razor) on Flow EX on my Alpine. Have performed well in the Peaks, Long Mynd and local stuff (roots, thorns and pine cones).

nickdavies

Maxxis pretty much dead easy to run tubeless.

Rotate about 5 different maxxis tyres on my strive as and when – Maxxis EXO for natural stuff and I tend to run dual ply’s for uplift/alps trips. Never had so much as a sniff of a problem. TBH i’ve not come off the dual ply’s since last years alps trip, bit draggy though.

Northwind

Maxxis have decent qc and lots of rubber in em so they tend to tubeless up easily even if not tlr.

dirtydog
    Free Member

No problems here running Maxxis Exo non tubeless.

26″ TR Minions are available, perhaps there’s a stock shortage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre advice – orange alpine’ is closed to new replies.