Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tubeless Track pump
  • happysv
    Free Member

Whats the best high volume track pump at the moment for those tyres that are awkward to seat on the rim.
    Have a joe blow turbo at the moment and looked at the joe blow pro today in Lbs and although very well made it didn't appear to have a wider/longer cylinder.

Cheers

jimr80
    Free Member

i think its more to do with rim and tyre comb rather than pump. my flow rims and bonty tubless easy with track pump. my mavic with ghetto tubeless needs a comperessor.

matthew_h
    Free Member

These are superb, not cheap but the best track pump for inflating tyres I've used.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17713

specializedneeds

I have a bloody good track pump, but I still use a CO2 cylinder to seat tubeless. Has worked everytime so far….

happysv
    Free Member

The co2 kills the caffe latex instantly.
    C02 with stans has been fine but wanted to try caffe to see if it lasts longer in between refills.

tazzymtb

you just have to pump faster if you have a smaller one, bit like everything in life 😉

my joeblow works fine for stans setups (except speedkings supersonics, they were a tw@)

Northwind

A really good track pump costs almost as much as my compressor did. Not that you need a compressor, but it's nice to have 😉

roughneck
    Free Member

I've got en321 rims and stan kits. I use a joe blow, no prob with the right technique. used on NN, MK, RQ, MUD X,Swampthinks,blue groove.

coatesy
    Free Member

We've got a joe blow max and sport in the workshop, the max definitely is bigger and puts out more air per stroke, to the point that nobody uses it unless they're doing tubeless as it gets pretty hard to reach high pressures(especially if you've got no weight behind you).

megastream
    Free Member

I've got an el-cheapo from Decathlon, pumped up my 355's tubeless without any drama. I did take the core out of the valve though.

anc
    Free Member

Sks airbase pro works every time for me, but I find the biggest factor in getting them to inflate first time is the temperature of the tyre. If its warm the carcass is much more flexible and seals far far easier 😉

mickasaki
    Free Member

How about one of those cocking great vertical pumps for inflating kiddies toys/inflatable boats? much higher volume and cheap as! They come with all sorts of adapters. Obviously not to good for trailside repairs though!

roughneck
    Free Member

just press down on the tyre above the valve, like your trying to stop the air going in the tyre.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless Track pump’ is closed to new replies.