Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless TLR rim strips and tears/punctures
  • domtrax

Tubeless novice but managed to convert at the weekend (fairly easily) using Bontrager TLR rim strips. Yet to actually ride and test, but does anyone use them and if so what happens if you puncture / tear the tyre out on the trail – can you fit an inner tube in there or do you have to remove the rim strip first?

Northwind

Mine were a few years ago but you could just fit a tube, the valve came out. And just as well, because removing them was a mother***** of a job!

honeybadgerx

I just converted my commuter to tubeless yesterday and didn’t even consider this. You’ve now consigned me to a commute of fear back home over the Pentlands tonight. If anyone spots a Whyte hybrid doing 2kph over from Harlaw tonight that’ll be me.

domtrax

OK thanks Northwind, good to know. Once snapped into place I did wonder what removing em would be like. You have confirmed my fears there also!

domtrax

Hopefully your commute back goes without a hitch, honeybadger!

belugabob
    Free Member

Been running bontrager TLR system for several years now. Managed to put a hole in one tyre, next to the bead, that wouldn’t seal but, other than that, been faultless.
    The tubeless valve comes out easy, so an inner tube can be popped in, if necessary.

Rim strips are tight, but can be hooked out by way of the valve hole, if you really need to.

legend
    Free Member

Of course you could always keep a tubeless repair kit to hand too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless TLR rim strips and tears/punctures’ is closed to new replies.