Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless sidewall repair
  • sandwicheater

Had my first tubeless fail last week. Been running for the last year without a single problem so I’m very pleased. Partially my fault, no sealant left in the tyre. Will need to keep more of an eye on the levels over the hotter months. Everyday is a school day.

The fail point is peppered with holes. Will a normal tube repair patch fix from the inside or are there more specific tyre patches?

I’ve seen the twiglet hole repair things but with so many little holes in one spot I don’t think fixing that way is the best idea.

mactheknife

I have repaired a few tyres like this. Sealant normally does the job with small holes but i seem to be a bit of a rear tyre killer so have had to learn to repair them or be very broke 🙂

If i am out on the trail i use these Tubeless Repair, they work very well and if you follow the instructions they will last the life of the tyre.

I f for whatever reason you need to repair a tyre at home i use this procedure, the second one 🙂 Patch repair.

Oh i found a great tip online the other day, use wetsuit glue on the outside cut after you have repaired it, that type of glue is not brittle and moves with the tyre but holds its integrity, just for a bit more bonding.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wetsuit glue sounds interesting mac.

OP – I use motorbike repair patches from ebay – like these but the seller has different sizes…
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-MEDIUM-EP2-TIP-TOP-TYRE-TUBE-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-PATCHES-45mm-CAR-MOTORCYCLE-/300712818090?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4603e175aa

sandwicheater

Perfect guys. Thanks for the links.

mactheknife

chapaking, i don’t know how reliable the wetsuit glue repair is on tyres, but i kitesurf as well as bimble on a bike and i have repaired a 1″ slice in a wetsuit and it is still going strong after about a year. It is about a fiver a tube so at least worth a try.

drofluf
    Free Member

The Tubeless Repair that mactheknife referred to is awesome! We had 4 tubeless punctures between us last night and they were fixed in minutes, far faster than putting a tube in or changing a tube. I was sceptical but the tyre was still inflated this morning!

asbrooks

If you’re looking for glue, we use this are work and it sticks rubber good and proper..
    https://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/bostik-2402-guide.pdf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless sidewall repair’ is closed to new replies.