Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tubeless set up with sidewall hole
  • mcnultycop

Im trying to set up my Charge 80mm fat bike rims tubeless with the Maxxis Mammoths the bike came with. I’m using fatty stripper latex bands and have replaced the rim tape that was installed with their bling strip. I’ve started with just one wheel first. The tyres are super baggy on the rims, so after trying to get one to seat (with an airshot) it wasn’t working. I thought this was due to the loose tyre.

I left the tyre a few days with a road tube down the centre to push the bead outwards and it seems to have made a seal with the fatty stripper. I’d actually just picked up some gaffer tape and was going to try and make it a bit more snug using this but it seemed like it was good to go.

I had a try again with the airshot tonight and it appears I’ve got a hole in the sidewall. About 5-7mm long so the air is escaping and I cannot get the bead to pop into place. I’m not a tubeless expert; do I try and fix the tyre (and what is the best repair system) or should I give up and buy a new tyre?

Cheers

cubist
    Free Member

What a bout a thick rubber style inner tube patch on the inside of the tyre?

Tracey

Tyre mushroom plug should sort the hole

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless set up with sidewall hole’ is closed to new replies.