• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tubeless sealant – anyone use an injector? (warning: bimbo content)
  • cinnamon_girl

I'm making a right pig's ear of replacing No Tubes sealant. If I just want to top up sealant only, is an injector a bimbo-proof way of doing it?

Thank you so much!

Makes coffee and awaits pointing and laughing 😉

grumm
    Free Member

What's an injector?

Do you have presta valves with removable cores? Just unscrew the core and squirt some in.

uplink
    Free Member

I've got one & find it's easier just to leave the inner part of the syringe out & use it as a screw-on funnel

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies.

An injector is mentioned on the No Tubes website and wondered if it would be easier to use than possibly spilling it on my feet. I have the large bottle but I may well have a small funnel in my kitchen. Thanks!

pnik

I've got the stans injector and find it makes life much easier. and less messy.

firestarter
    Free Member

i keep meaning to buy a screw on injector at the min i use a baby medicine syringe but as i found the end was a bit too big i put one of the baby medicine bottle stopper things its to put in end of bottle to invert it and fill syringe without spilling.

i push it on the valve stem then inject into that . no mess that way

Onzadog
    Free Member

yes, the injectors make the whole process so much easier. Just remember to remove the valve core first! 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

damn my computer. Another double tap

Offroading
    Free Member

I made one, piece of cake. "Borrowed" a big glass syringe from work which had a fitting on the end normally designed shockingly enough for a needle, i then found some clear plastic tubing the correct diameter to go over the stans valve (core removed of course) and heated it up/semi melted it onto the syringe at t'other end.

Works great! No leaks and cost me all of 50p to do.

mudhound
    Free Member

small plastic syringe 10cc from Boots (cheap) and cut bottom 2 inches off plastic empty water bottle. pure in and suck and squirt 2 or 3 lots in each tyre and can syringe up excess and squirt back in bottle

daveb
    Free Member

Ive got the injector, think it makes things much easier.

sockpuppet

get a small bottle of wheel milk from JRA and use that? the bottle i mean, not the milk if that's not your sealant of choice!

works well for me.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I use a 50ml syringe off ebay. Slots straight in.

devs
    Free Member

Don't you get a screw on "injector" with the bottle? I'm sure I did. Don't use it though, I use a 200ml Joes bottle to measure and squirt it in. Simple.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless sealant – anyone use an injector? (warning: bimbo content)’ is closed to new replies.