Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Tubeless riders, what to you take out on a ride with you?
  • traildog
    Free Member

I just take a tube, a pump and have a puncture repair kit as it takes up very little room. If I’m going on a big epic ride in the middle of nowhere then I’ll take two tubes. Otherwise should I get a puncture then I plan to just put a tube in and head home. I’ve not had a puncture which hasn’t sealed yet though.

matt23
    Free Member

I carry a pump one tube and tyre levers – after this weekend I will carry TWO tubes as I ripped my rear tyre in Berchfa this weekend, popped the tube in, forced to get the tyre back on the rim and subsequently pinched the tube flat – not impressed with the 2mile walk back to the car.
    I think the sealant was also on it’s last legs as was all hard and stiff inside the tyre – so now have two tyres resealaed.

Just out of curiosity – how often do people change the sealant on their tyres or is it only with a puncture?

Northwind

Tube, levers, and a proper pump. It gets used more for other people than it does for me but it’s no bother to carry it around. Also, sometimes you want to add air to a tyre even though it’s not punctured.

(I think I’ve had 3 punctures that wouldn’t reseal since I switched to proper tubeless wheels, that’s using standard tyres. But for those 3 times it was absolutely worth carrying a tube all the other times!)

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless riders, what to you take out on a ride with you?’ is closed to new replies.