Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tubeless Rear Pressure
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what do you run yours at? im thinking of running my rubber queen 2.2ust back on the back of the bike again, i took it off initially for ‘summer’ but with it being wet im getting no traction out of the xking on the rear….

so to combat the slow draggy feel of my rubber queen 2.2 ust on the back, im thinking of running it with a higher pressure instead of the usual say 25-28psi

if i increase it/top it up regularly to about 34 psi will it roll that more efficiently on road sections? or will it make bum all difference to rolling resistance?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I run 28psi in the rear on my FS & HT, both the same tyre (2.1″ Ground Control) set up tubeless, could probably get away with less in the rear on the FS, but hey to.

FuzzyWuzzy

Usually run my rear 30-35 anyhow but then I’m 90kg. I tried it at 45psi the other day (for an event with a lot of road in it) and it was much harsher on the chattery off-road stuff where the suspension wasn’t kicking in, I’d only say it was worth that compromise if you’re doing a majority of your riding on the road, otherwise run it at off-road friendly pressures and put up with the on-road performance.

Yak

2.2 x-king or race king at 19psi

I wouldn’t bother upping it for road sections. I doubt it will make much difference. I had mine down to 12psi by mistake recently and whilst drifty on the descents, I doubt it slowed me much on the climbs.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Stans recommends weight in pounds divided by 7 then plus and minus 1 or 2 for front/rear to get values in psi.

Works for me!

dantsw13

32psi (92kg)

fenred
    Free Member

Usually run 30R/28F for dry conditions. Rode last night having not checked the pressures for a couple of weeks and checked them when I got home and found 21psi in the rear. Was great over the rooty, rocky stuff that last nights ride spat at us but dragged like a dead sheep on the road linky sections. (2.2 nevegal 29er)

Yak

As Ianfitz/ Stans said, but I go -1 for the rear and – 5 for the front

D0NK

weight in pounds divided by 7 then plus and minus 1 or 2

25.8psi ha ha
    great traction no doubt and about right for front, but I’d trash many, many rear tyres.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mine often do go down slowly, then you suddenly realise a month or so on it feels a bit squishy by hand and low and behold its down to 19psi

so ill just try and keep it topped up to 32 psi’ish and see how that rolls!

to be fair when i was running the RQ out back i reckon it could well have been low 20’s for most the time i found it draggy

rewski
    Free Member

Doesn’t it depend how heavy you are? I tend to be around 30, and just guess on the trail if it’s super sloppy.

cheers_drive

Approx 28psi. 95kg.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well im only 11.5 stone ish kitted up, so not mr.blobby, i can get away with them really low under 20’s when ive come to top them up/forgot and never had an issue

just dont like the drag on the road, and conti dont do a black chili ust x king so i may just bung the rq bc on the back and use a little more pressure

Andy-R

Yes, I use the “weight in stones X 2” and add two for the rear tyre and subtract about two for the front. So for me, 24R and 20F. Seems about right.

zelak999
    Free Member

High Rollers LUST at 25 PSI front and rear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless Rear Pressure’ is closed to new replies.