Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tubeless ready – foam seeping from side walls???
  • sefton
    Free Member

Today I’ve fitted some nobby nick 2011 tubeless ready tyres on my shimano mt65 wheels.

everything went according to plan and was nice & straight forward.

I used schwalbe doc blue sealant.

Over the space of a few hours I’ve topped the air up and given a good shake every time.

however there seems to be the odd little bit of foam on the side walls. is this normal?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Normal, that’s the sealant doing its job and filling any gaps in the tyre rubber. Remember that tubeless (UST) and tubeless ready Scwalbe tyres are different.

sefton
    Free Member

what are tireless?

psychle
    Free Member

invisible? make you ride further with no loss of energy?

sefton
    Free Member

wow, bet there really light then? where can I buy? 😉 😀

craigxxl
    Free Member

its stupid predictive text on a mobile phone, thought I corrected before you noticed.. too slow

sefton
    Free Member

how long before the tyres full seal and stop leaking air?

I must have pumped them up now around 6 times (each time I give them a good old shake too). but after a few hours they lose around 10psi

Kahurangi

I had this with supersonic (lightweight, thin wall) Continental’s. Count on days or weeks before they completely stop.

But for ‘tubeless ready’ I’d be a bit disappointed if they took that much effort.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

John Taylor
    I tried tubeless with speedking supersonics last summer, air was foaming thru the sidewalls, so I presumed it didn’t work and gave up on the idea. Did you persevre with it then? should I have another go? what sealant did you use?

sefton
    Free Member

to be fair it says “several times” in the instructions. (I wanted to hear from anyone with first hand experience)

Kahurangi

Mr. Nana

I used Mountain King Supersonics… persevere mate, they’ve done me well. You will get through a bit more sealant than a thicker tyre and you might not stop a huuuge thorn…. but I’ve had no mid-ride punctures (only one thorn that didn’t seal immediately after a ride) on over a year now with these. Stan’s sealant. They also weigh next to nowt.

Now admittedly I did put some holes in a UST Rubber Queen that didn’t seal but I was running those much too soft and some sharp Spanish rocks did them in. Nothing a tyre repair kit couldn’t solve.

snakebite
    Free Member

best bet is go for a spin on the road to work the sealant around….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tubeless ready – foam seeping from side walls???’ is closed to new replies.