Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tubeless puncture repair?
  • shredster
    Free Member

I had my first tubeless flat yesterday after 12 rides. Bad luck I guess or mebeez running then too low. Anyway, I popped in a tube & rode home successfully. There is now a 1/2 cm slit in the tyre & lots of dried out slimy stuff. What’s the best repair method? I was planning on cutting an old inner up to patch from inside, then replace the slimy stuff inside. Will the tyre inflate without sealant in once repaired? What stage do u add the sealant & how is it applied? Cheers

jedi

weltite worm things are the nuts!

ruscle
    Free Member

Weldtite outside tubeless repair kit. Works flawlessly and wouldn’t leave home without it.

Weldtite repair kit

MarkN
    Free Member

Clean the sealant from around the slit and the patch it in the same way as you would a tube. I have used ordinary tube patches with no issues but you can get tyre patches. A piece of inner tube works as well you just need to get it clean with some meths. If you are out and you get similar then the sticky string etc does work for most holes in the tyre so long as they are not too big.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll use the Weldtite one as a temporary repair, but prefer to patch properly using the Zefal patch kit
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Zefal-Tubeless-Puncture-Repair-Kit_50812.htm
    (Just make sure you clean away all sealant from the glued area.)
    Tyre should then behave like new.

shredster
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, so how about getting sealant back in the tyre……can I just squirt it in when refitting tyre(once patched), then inflate or does it need to be injected back in via the valve? …and how much sealant? Ta

DezB
    Free Member

Same way you did before you punctured?

Either, pour in unbeaded section of tyre (I always do it this way, as my valves don’t have removable cores) or squirt through the valve.
    Sealant amount is usually about the size of a GT85 aerosol cap 🙂 50ml? something like that for a 2.0 tyre.

shredster
    Free Member

Its a new ride & came with tubeless so its a first time job. Thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, I get’cha 🙂

Injecting through the valves is best as it’s less messy. You get the tyre on, then squirt it in.

MarkN
    Free Member

As has been said through the valve or in from the side where the tyre is off the bead. As this is new to you I would advise that you keep an eye on the sealant level in your tyres. You will find it will need topping up every 3 or 6 months. If you do not then when you do get a hole there will be no sealent to seal it. The Stans website is good for info. http://www.notubes.com/helpcenter.aspx

singletracksurfer

weldtite external repair (sticky strips) are great. Used same style on car punctures too and its great. Used as permanent fixes for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless puncture repair?’ is closed to new replies.